New Cow for the Slaughter

GoldenMotor.com

Choppercabra

Mar 25, 2013
SoCal
Name is Jeremy. From SoCal. Been making custom bike.(or for the cool kids "kustom") for about 15 years now. Have been wanting to build a motorized bike for sometime. I think it is time for me to build one. Here is some of my work.

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
welcome to the forum dude you do nice work you'll be alright .but if you're going to buy from 1 of the vendors here for you get a warranty stay away from eBay eBay beware my first blew up in 45 minutes.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hello and welcome to the world of motorized bicycles. those are some fine looking rides you are building. i cant wait to see them bicycles motorized. you are going to fall in love with the hobby for sure

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum. You have some nice canvases there waiting to be turned. Nice bikes, where's the motors? Looking forward to seeing one of these bikes progress. ;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. I'd have to guess that you're a member of another forum, RatRod Bikes, judging from the quality of your builds. Keep us informed of your motorizing project. I have no doubt you'll tip the 'Wow' meter if your powered bikes look as good as your pedal ones do. Thanks for joining us.

Tom

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Very nice work you do there...welcome to your new obsession...there is a ton of invaluable information available here free for the taking...use it wisely and dont just jump because one person says so...take your time and reaearch everything...there's a few steps involved before you mount that engine...have patience and throw pride in the garbage until you get her figured out...good luck and welcome to the forum

agcat111

Mar 28, 2013
Utah
I like the first one it is classy. I would like that frame with a derailer shifter set up and a 49cc engine that had been to a motor shop for larger valves, crank balance and other mod work. Would need front and rear brakes and lighting system with turn signals. With the engine remaining 49cc and having the right type of "hop up" it would be tempting to take it to the salt flats to establish a 49cc motorized bicycle category and set a record. With a hop up engine it should fly. Yes, looking at that bike sure makes me dream. iI would take sponsosrs and a lot to run the salt.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Those smaller Yamaha tanks do lend themselves to bikes. I've used 2 Yamaha MX-80 tanks. The look good and mount easily.

If that petcock is unusuable you can tap the fitting for a 1/8" pipe thread. If yours is like the two I have the petcock is externally threaded and replacements are hard to find. But a 1/8 pipe tap will thread the inside of the tank fitting so you can thread a nipple or male petcock into it.

Good luck.

Tom

Choppercabra

Mar 25, 2013
SoCal
Those smaller Yamaha tanks do lend themselves to bikes. I've used 2 Yamaha MX-80 tanks. The look good and mount easily.

If that petcock is unusuable you can tap the fitting for a 1/8" pipe thread. If yours is like the two I have the petcock is externally threaded and replacements are hard to find. But a 1/8 pipe tap will thread the inside of the tank fitting so you can thread a nipple or male petcock into it.

Good luck.

Tom

I was looking at a couple mx 80 and 100 tanks. But I saw this RD tank for 14.95 and I couldnt pass it up. Plus I had a 76 RD 400 at one time and i really like the looks of the tanks.