Hello from Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

Artificer161

Sep 17, 2012
South Eastern Michigan
JonnyR,
That is a lot of engine there! When I was a kid I had an endero about that size and man that thing would fly! Seems you would have to have a beefy frame to put that into, a regular bike frame might be to light. Good luck with your build.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea im going to use a stretch cruiser frame its not going to be a easy build but it will be fantastic when its done im going to try to build a rear swing arm suspension so it isnt a ridged my current bike kills my back if i ride to far

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Roadkill,
Hello and I am enjoying this forum a lot already have learned a lot. Probably before I’m done will learn even more.
The kit I just bought was made in MI.. Golden Eagle Bicycle Motors I believe.. Only runs 35cc or less I believe. Perhaps a 40cc Tanaka if you have the 78mm clutch.. Cheers!

drn2

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Wow! This intro post sure got a lot of answers, didn't it?

I've got nothing to offer other than a 'welcome aboard' from a former Michigander. I grew up south of Jackson, in Hillsdale County. I remember Saline quite well, as I've driven through more times than I can count. Largely from commuting between Hillsdale and Ann Arbor 30 yrs ago or so.

Had lot of family in the Grand Rapids area at one time. They've mostly passed on now, though. And the same is true of most of my old friends. The ones I kept in touch with anyway.

So Michigan is kinda lost to me now. Not much reason to visit. But I remember the place very kindly and could wish that I were there riding with you guys right now.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I am NWI/Chicago.. You are Centralia/Peoria/Champaign?? I have aa pad down there south of you that I am gonna be trying to back road to.. 350 mile trips.. Need to master the Atomic Zombie kits first!

drn2

Artificer161

Sep 17, 2012
South Eastern Michigan
JonnyR,
Cool I will be on the look out for your build. I to am thinking about a swing arm build, rigid frames hurt my back just looking at them lol.

Roadkill,
I looked up your kit, interesting. Had no idea anything like this was made in America anymore. Good luck with your build.

Bluegoatwoods,
Yea lots of reply’s. I know your county well, spent most of my younger years riding motorcycles down that way. 30 Years ago, not to much has changed here just a little more developed. Michigan is not lost to you blue, you can always visit us for a ride. :)

neomas372

Jul 8, 2012
Trenton, MI. right on the river
Welcome.....I live in Trenton, MI......the very southern, easternmost corner of Wayne county. I am always looking for a nice backroads route, although running down w. Jefferson thru wyandotte and Ecorse along the river to Detroit is on **** of a run....just dont break down.

Artificer161

Sep 17, 2012
South Eastern Michigan
neomas372 Sounds like a fun ride lol. I broke down on the west side of detroit once years ago. Burnt out houses all around looked like a war zone. I ended up pushing my motorcycle somthing like 6 miles to get out of there. After that I was always certian of my machines ability to get from one place to another never wanted to break down in a place like that again.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. The book mentioned, "Early Motorcycles" is excellent and well worth the money. If I remember right, I ordered mine through amazon.

Anybody who has been on the planet for any length of time has things to feel stressed by, sad about losing those important to us, worries over the future, regrets from the past. A good antidote for me is a bike ride of even just a few miles... listening to the engine, seeing the road unfold in front of me is like a moving meditation and never fails to clear my mind and bring a smile. it is good medicine. And having my buddy, Aaniimoosh the wonder dog next to me in a sidecar made from a canoe is a hoot!

Like many of us, as a boy I sometimes pretended my bicycle had a motor and wished it did have one. Playing cards in the spokes helped the illusion, but I had no idea what the real experience would be. Even if you've grown up with motorcycles, there is something very special about a simple bicycle with a motor put putting along. When I ride I may look like an elder pushing seventy, but on the inside is a thrilled twelve year old boy. Woohoo!
SB