Hello and what is upgraded Japanese bearings

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Good work on posting the pics Sonny! Ya got that down right quick.

That really looks like shipping damage from the pictures, well some of it.

May I ask who you bought from? I would try to at the very least get an exchange, Also was there shipping insurance involved? is just a thought. the fins are no biggie as I am sure you know, but that gap ain't good. IMHO.
Just saying. Am sure others will be a better source.

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
Must thank my wife for the pics, I got lost on trying to resize for this format.
Purchased engine through PowerKing in Canada. Seemed reputable. Ad was for Limited Edition "top of the line engine" and upgraded accessories.
Have emailed thru ebay and their email address and offered to send photos. Hopefully this will work out as they have a short time limit for any concerns.
Don't believe it was damaged in shipment, box was intact and no other parts damaged. Just looks to be a poor casting and assembly. It seems others have came to the same conclusion.
Again my thanks to all of you and truly appreciate your help.

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
Hello again, update, after the company reviewed pics, they are sending me a new cylinder and gaskets. This seems to be a good company(PowerKing) and has worked with me to get this resolved. Highly recommended.
Lots of new members. This is catching on. This site will be an invaluable source of information for all us newbies.

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
Hello Freth, I'm a bare bow guy myself, mostly recurves, but have a sweet little longbow. Basically, a bow-tech, repairs, times, replaces strings/cables, bearings, bushings, cams, etc. on compound bows. Was trained at PSE and have about 12 years into it. I have one compound bow, which I hardly ever shoot, getting bad shoulders. Got half decent at making Flemish strings.Glad to hear from another stickbow guy. Sonny

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HI SONNY, WELCOME., TX DAVE, I BOW HUNTED WITH THE RECURVE FOR YRS. I STARTED THE ONE ARROW CLUB. WE ONLY TOOK ONE BROAD INTO THE WOODS. rotfl I JUST MADE MYSELF LAUGH. I MEANT BROADHEAD ARROW!! THE GREEN FLAG IS ABOUT TO DROP, NASCAR RACE ABOUT TO START. RON

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sonny, cool and thanks for the update about Powerking. It is good to know who the good guys are.

I have a design for a long bow that only touches the tip to launch. "mythbusters" did a thing on Robin hood piercing an arrow with an arrow. They concluded it could not be done as the shaft launched from the aft section, caused wobble and inaccuracy. A "pull launch" would alleviate that.

Last edited:

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
Hello Dan, sounds like a good idea. Have seen some interesting bow designs through the years. Would definately alleviate some of the spine problems encountered, but have seen many "Robin Hooded" arrows. So is not impossible.
To Dave, gave me a chuckle too about the broad. Like the idea of a one arrow shoot or hunt, bound to sharpen your senses and build better arrows. Think we've become a little spoilt with our abundance of shafts and technology. I'm guilty of that as I shoot very few wooden arrows anymore(lazy) and have shot carbons for several years now.

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
My apologies, got the names mixed up, believe I was suppose to be addressing Nascar Ron. Another gearhead and archer, very cool. The old age stuff is catching up to me. and to Dan, would like to hear some more about your bow design. Really got my curiosity up.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sonny, I do just that all the time, snork. You can delete or edit posts too. I like to think of it as "I wrote wut!? what was I drinking?" insurance.

The launching mechinisum I im thunking would work like a draw in a morgue. the string only touches the rails that the arrow slides on with the tip only touching the front. I have yet to think of a way to secure the back of the arrow and am not sure it is even necessary. (maybe like a cross bow?) But would be a lot more accurate.

Sonny B.

Oct 22, 2008
Meeker, Colorado
Dan, sounds like you're on to something. Keeping it simple will be the problem as I tend to sometimes over-complicate things. It seems the public isn't always open to new ideas, they resist change. Have seen that in the archery business, but once caught on, usually takes off like a wild fire. Keep me posted on your progress.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The over complicating thing is a big stumbling block for me. Years back I glued an oil gage to a rock to remind my self, snork