Hi from down under

GoldenMotor.com

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
umm... im not sure of a shop as such.

I have heard of a guy who builds MB's. you buy them and ship them to his house. And he builds you, what you give him for about $100 bucks or so.

I got my china stuff from "MBB imports" in seednee.

have a look in a oztraya laws in http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39266

remember there is no limit on engine size, just power output

there is stuff from the RTA in there.

David eulen

May 11, 2012
Albury, Australia
Thanks Soup325, ya better off building your own, it's half the fun and you know how to fix it when you break down. yea mine is chinese too, it flies after I run it in. Just before the blitz here I was belting down the road doing fifty ks and the spark plug popped out, I had to get a new head, it was only $10, they look after ya where I get my bits from.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
I know.

I wouldn't spend the extra money on installation. plus i wouldn't trust the guy who installed them.

plus i ordered the engine before I got the bike. It took me ages to find a good bike that suited a motor. and after about 3 months, a trip to the coast, I picked up GT1 frame and so it started....lol

David eulen

May 11, 2012
Albury, Australia
ha ha ha.. I allready had a bike, it's a moumtain bike I got from big w, I rode it for a while till my crook knee (old motor bike injury) started to play up. I saw this dood riding a bike with a motor. and I thought mmm that'll do me. I googled bike engines and I got interested in it. I drove to Melbourne and got a kit, I fitted it, (took all weekend) and had a blast, It was great untill some dick head was riding around pissed on his motor bicycle and was nabbed by the cops, now there is a blitz on motor bicycles and rest is history.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
to be honest, the chances of being nabbed by the police are very low. I live in perth, W.A where the laws are the same, 200watts or less. the thing is, most cops don't have a darn clue about these engines and their power output. In my experience all you have to do is be extremely polite, always call them sir or officer, and bull**** some long mechanical complicated explanation about how the engine is ony 189watts ect. but usually (at least where i've been) the cops are generally nice and don't care as long as you don't blast down the road at 90kph in front of them, keep it quiet and don't piss off people or neighbours. I've been stopped multiple times on my current bike, a water-cooled Morini S6-C 12+hp engine that revvs to 14k and does 90-100kph. almost every time they were just curious about the bike. Don't act nervous, be nuce and show a little bit of pride in your ride if they're interested. if that doesn't work you could put a large ball valve between the carb and engine, when your riding it have it open and when your pulled over or whatever have it 3/4 closed and that should limit the power greatly.

scootersrme

Nov 8, 2012
napier, New Zealand
hi there from across the ditch in NZ,

the laws are slightly different over here, 300watts max (ever thought of becoming a kiwi?) lol
that sux about some drunken idiot, spoils it for the rest of us.
i was going to post a link for zbox but someone bet me to it.

i'm sure you will find a solution with the help of this forum.

good idea about getting a fake plate made up, will definitely have to do this myself.

David eulen

May 11, 2012
Albury, Australia
A big thanks for the info Speed wizard and Scootersrme. The heat from the cops has cooled a bit, I have been riding on the bike tracks and doing everything right and no one seems to be bothered too much, even if someone is looking I ghost pedal and give them a wave and they wave back and everyone is happy
Happy riding all