Dreamer

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Not sure why this thread got moved from The Tavern as Fasteddy wasnt selling it, but rather pointing out the ridiculous price tag.

For $3700 you think he would at least color code the guards red. Way overpriced but if he gets anywhere near that money he will be the one laughing.

I couldnt sell it for that, id feel bad for the person buying it.

Theres a classic Australian movie that captures the Aussie sense of humour, its called "The Castle" and there is a line that is very apllicable here, and 99% of Aussies know the line well.... in the movie the son is always looking in The Trading Post (classifieds) and is always pointing out items in the Post to his dad, the dad replies with "whats he asking?", the son would tell him the price and his dad would usually answer with "TELL HIM HES DREAMING"...... cant think of a better line for this item and that price LOL...... I love that movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhQ9jN3gj4

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Not sure why this thread got moved from The Tavern as Fasteddy wasnt selling it, but rather pointing out the ridiculous price tag...
Ridiculous price or not - it's for sale yes?

Please understand as staff we try to maintain impartiality, in the interest of fairness to all we prefer the simple "if it's for sale, it goes in Swap and Shop" & let our memberbase decide the relative value.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Ridiculous price or not - it's for sale yes?

Please understand as staff we try to maintain impartiality, in the interest of fairness to all we prefer the simple "if it's for sale, it goes in Swap and Shop" & let our memberbase decide the relative value.
Thats cool, im not in the least bit bothered, just seemed odd to me.... didnt mean to question you. Fair call

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It was a toss up when I put in up. Was going to put it in the for sale thread then went for the Tavern since it seemed more informational. The seller is about an hour and a half away from me if anyone would like me to race over and have him hold it for you.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,
I called. I think he is still laughing. He did manage to gasp out, between gales of laughter, "it's cash only".

Foundmydog,
That's true. I'm sure he is on or watching the forum and thinks he's in for a big payday.
It's not a moped with no pedals and a huge ticket magnet where we live. I wish him luck but there are to many scooters and mopeds that are legal for way less than half what he is asking for it sold here in B.C. so he doesn't have much of a chance.

Steve.

Last edited:

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I thought I read in a post or two they were not legal up there...

Anyone who would ever be able to spend that kind of money on a MB would demand Sportsmans quality or better!

Let me go paint a ford pinto a nice shiny red and sell it for 25,000 dollars... yeah right!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I wouldn't pay $370 for it. Maybe that's it he accidentally put an extra zero on the end, that's the only sane explanation

Last edited: