Greetings from Portugal

GoldenMotor.com

bohemianboy

Sep 16, 2008
Hello everyone!

I'm a student in the last year of High School, and from my house to the school, it's still a long way. No problem untill this year, because now I have much less classes to attend, so I do not want to be stuck at school, wainting for the school bus to take me home. So I've done a lot of research, and I finally found Motorized Bicycles! I think I'm the only one in my town, and region probably who has one of these beauties...

Doesnt matter were I go, people are always starring at me, because of my ride, they havent seen anything like that before.

Well thats all for now!:)

Cheers

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Welcome,

We're growing quite an international community here at motorbicycling.com these days.

I was wondering by your screen name if you were born in Portugal or of German background ?

What type of motor do you have on your bike ? Chinese, Japanese, European,
adapted power equipment ? Do you use chain drive, friction drive, or belt ?

Please tell us more.

bohemianboy

Sep 16, 2008
Im a born Portuguese, my screen name shows more my musical tastes rather than my origins. It's the same that I have in another forum.

As for my ride, the shop from which I bought them calls them "Binas" which is the Portuguese equivalent of "Bike", as in short for "Bicycle". Nevertheless I know that the manufacturer name is "Incalcu", its Chinese. I have two, tomorrow I'll take one for a ride^5, I'll be sure to take some pictures for your the delight of your eyes. I really can't answer any technical questions, because I really don't know that much.

This is the website photo of the bike. I have in Dark Blue and Black.
By the way, I don't use the front basket.

(I have two because my family and friend like to ride them.)

Cheers:)

Last edited:

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
That's an interesting bicycle. Looks similar to a Schwinn Point Beach. Just looking at it the front forks look like they have spring dampers and the front hub looks like a drum brake system.

I wish you the best on your ride tomorrow and would live to see photos of Portugal's countryside. Are you near the Atlantic coast ?

What kind of music do you enjoy ? I'm a World Band Radio listener and hear many forms of music when listening. Blues and Jazz are common on my local Univiersity Radio Stations but I enjoy many other forms of music too.

bohemianboy

Sep 16, 2008
front hub looks like a drum brake system.
That's the old model. I drove one of those. It's a disc brake. The new models have two V-brakes, one for each wheel.

Are you near the Atlantic coast ?
Yes, my city is a very popular Summer Destination, with amazing beaches, the best golf courses of Portugal, a lovely Marina, Roman Ruins, ect... Right now I feel like doing a photo tour for you guys to see. Are you interested? Where should I post it? Of course my bike will also be featured:D

As for the music, I'm a die hard Queen fan, but I also enjoy many other rock bands, from yesterday, like The Rolling Stones, to today, like Franz Ferdinand. But I have in my iPod many types of music.

Cheers

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
If you wish to post photos in the The Tavern section, post them under the Travels & Adventures topic.

When you create your photo tour in your imaging editor of your camera to tweek the brightness, contrast, and have the photos to where they can be understood easily when looking at them and save them to your hard drive.......you can create a post as a new topic in Travels & Adventure and upload the photos from your computer by going down to where it says "Additional Options" below where you type your message. In that box there is a section for "Attach Files" with a long square box that says "manage Attachments".

When you click that a window will launch that has a button that says "Browse". Click it and it will show your your hard drive. Select to find your pictures. Then click your first picture. It will display in that window with Browse beside it. To the right there is a button that says UPLOAD. You click that and a few seconds later you will be ready to upload the next of your series of photos.

This will create a gallery of small photos that viewers can click on to get a larger photo to look at.

Your Photo Tour sounds good to me and I'd like to see it myself.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
There are places in the world where the motored bike made its mark a long time ago. It is interesting to see one of the places that used to be in the motored bike arena looking new. This is fun I hope you make a mark and start a new fad that sticks. Have fun, Dave

PS: Look up the Vello Solex it was the machine in the day