Hello Everyone

GoldenMotor.com

franko

Sep 9, 2008
Pueblo, Colorado
Hi,
I am new to the site and am sure it will be fun. I just sold a 12 speed Miyata bike. I am trying to find an older schwinn bicycle that I can put a 48cc motor kit on. Can anyone give me some ideas as to where I might be able to find one other than the local paper and online classifieds? Walmart has some basics but the frames look weird and not the round tubular type frame that I think will be needed to mount an engine. I could be wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Franko

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Hi,
I am new to the site and am sure it will be fun. I just sold a 12 speed Miyata bike. I am trying to find an older schwinn bicycle that I can put a 48cc motor kit on. Can anyone give me some ideas as to where I might be able to find one other than the local paper and online classifieds? Walmart has some basics but the frames look weird and not the round tubular type frame that I think will be needed to mount an engine. I could be wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Franko
"thrift stores" and "trading posts" and pawn shops are excellent places to to pick up a good 15 - 20 dollar bike at least around here. glad you joined talk to you later

NID_FTL

Aug 25, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Try Craigslist they have a bicycle forsale ad section. I also ran an a Wanted ad that another recomended and it has worked. just say WTB an old beach cruiser or simmilar, give apx amount you are willing to pay and where about's you are willing to pick it up. Old ladys call me to come remove the junk ones from thier garage. often theese bikes only need some oil and TLC and they are ready to ride. Thriftshops, flea markets and yard sales have many bargins as well as old bicycles, weedwackers, chain saws and leaf blowers. I have also seen old bicycles set out to bulk trash, I will never pass one by again.
Jimbo...