Converting Norman's Headlight

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh and for the seat stinger... How about this...Use a 1 Farad capacitor hidden in a water bottle with black anodized plates on your seat. no turn off capacitor?? you'll not only get your bike back, but the theif will be able to be recognized by his/her new walking style...
Snork, that's just wrong, yet so right. I was thunking wire the handle bars so they get zapped from the get-go and get off my way home. Turns out Chinese plastic does not conduct current. Who knew and dang the luck.

I really think the "Stun Bun" anti theft device is a marketer's dream and would sell like gang busters. But I am heavily medicated.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Here's what works for me:

Notice that the two shiny barrels touch and complete the circuit when the brake calipers move-in. The rubber boots on the ends of the barrels absorb any "slop", and allow full braking force to be applied. I just disected the stock boot, and removed enough of the boot to accomdate the barrels. I'll bet that any geometry teacher would appreciate the inevitability or reliability that two cylinders would provide for colliding and completing a circuit. They basically can't miss each other. The barrels are insulated from the brake cable with aquarium air hose.

Just keeping it simple and stupid. Works for me.

VaporKing

If it doesn't kill me, it makes me stronger.

absofrigginlootly ingenious.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
In another thread there was a discussion regarding a kill switch that would ground the electrical on application of the brakes. This wired brake handle would be perfect.

VaporKing

May 15, 2008
All great ideas!

After moped'in all this summer, I've decided to step-up and dive-into motorcycling. Just can't get enough.

I have a need..................................................... A need for speed.

30 MPH just aint cut'n it.

Picked-up a 1983 Honda Magna (this weekend) that will do 160 MPH, if requested. Prior owner demo'd over 100 on open road for me (staying in so-called safe range). When fully tuned, 180 MPH. However, it only gets 50 miles per gallon under normal driving conditions (instead of the moped's 150). Plus, it's solid, and doesn't want to rattle apart on me all the time. Don't need to carry a large toolkit/backpack, either. Weighs about 700 pounds.

And, it's got a babe magnate (passenger) seat. Yes, it's all legal (when used as directed). Sorry, but just had to brag for a minute.

Deciding to keep my mopeds on stand-by for the next gasoline crises. At least all the "kinks" are worked-out, and they seem to be very reliable now. They are my "aces in the hole". Sleeping a lot better at night, so go ahead (oil speculators) and start-up that $5.00/gallon crap again! We're covered.

Now I just have to keep my daughters off them, unless they want to get moped permits.

Sure had a lot of great times with everyone here, "engineering" our way into better fuel economy!

Best of luck to everyone, and see all of you again next summer.

VaporKing

"If it doesn't kill me, it makes me stronger."