hello from Colorado

GoldenMotor.com

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008
hi all, well, around the middle of June I got bit by the MB bug. and now I just about through my first tank and have worked out most of the bugs but I'm still check things before I take off as if I were Orville Wright at Kitty Hawk.

I love biking and just needed to pick out which of my frames to use. my Miyata 210 frame seemed perfect to dedicate for it's wheelbase, size and solid tubing and ability to mount the engine. It's really comfortable and no vibration in the seat and just a little in the bars (Bontrager Buzz Kill bar ends work Period). total weight is only 58lbs.

running a 40 tooth
and a 42x16 single speed pedal side-just right to get going:bike2:
IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

I have about 60 miles on the engine so far and can't wait to switch to Castor927.

I pretend I'm Che on the Norton-la Poderosa

peace all. and for goodness sake-get out and ride a bike that doesn't have an engine.

jon

oh, and the kill switch is exactly that...and it has been removed.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Jon- Funny you should mention that...I have been riding more and more lately on "bikes without engines" and recently bought a vintage Panasonic Villager Ten-speed with free wheeling hub...I can coast faster than my wife can pedal her moondog sometimes!

My next build is going the way of the road bike of some sort too.

What are the tires you are running on that one?

Welcome to the site.

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008
yeah, my commute to work is about the same motored v. nonmotored. that's road time, not including changing clothes time at work (15 min)

I'm rolling 700x38c Bontrager Select Inverts, heavy duty tubes and liners and my sticker flickers of course-not much keeps a goat head out on repeated revolutions.

pedalpower

Aug 5, 2008
thanks man. I think i was mostly inspired by the 2 cycle harleys from WWII . Now if I can figure out a side car, ha.

I switched out the black (EPA) exhaust-cause it sucks. I think the break in is seeing benefits-running rather smooth now.

Spiritually, i'm in boulder (probably better that way) but physically I'm in Greeley.

Hey, let me bounce this off you: I'm thinking of attaching some sort of scoop to the back of the air intake to funnel more air (kind of a forced air intake) when at speed, hmm hmm ?

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Hey, let me bounce this off you: I'm thinking of attaching some sort of scoop to the back of the air intake to funnel more air (kind of a forced air intake) when at speed, hmm hmm ?
Measure the size boost bottle that will work for your bike. Make an equivalent intake that has a "U" bend. Whatever size a boost bottle should be if you can match up the intake with the same volume then it's a boost bottle in itself. Then the "U" bend will situate your carby so the intake is facing the wind!!!
Then all you would need is a large funnel!

OH YES.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see more Colorado people joining up, even if we are all spread out over the Front Range :)