Hey Everyone!

GoldenMotor.com

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
I'm new to this hobby and totaly hooked! Finished my first build and quickly bought 5 more motors. LOL Now I have 2 Point Beach Cruisers and building a chopper from a Moon Dog frame.
I'll post some pics soon, I already found a old kid carry cart at the dump, stripped it down and painted it to match the Cruiser! Went to the auto parts and got some blue noen bars for the sides and a red one in the back running of a 12 vlt cycle batt. What a head turner when I go for a night ride!

I have a couple of questions, I have the chineese motors both 49cc and 80, the 49cc is fast and has no real issues. The 80 cc starts of fast then bogs down, then you let off throtle and hit it again and it picks up then bogs down.

Since I have motoers here i tried just switching the carbs, but still have that bogging. Tops out in the high 20's when its not acting up. Should be faster, because the 49 will keep right up and pass the 80. What else can I try?

Also are the carbs the same on the 49 and 80?
What about the throtle attachment and needle,are they interchangable?

One other thing that bugs me is the clutch gears are bone dry? I'm just learning and they may not need it but sure look like they are thirsty?

Thanks Ruggs

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Welcome to the forum. 6 motors, wow!

The carbs are the same on the 49cc vs the 70cc (it's not really 80cc like they claim). Basically the carb and exhaust are perfect for the 49cc, but kind of a hindrance on the 70cc.

As for the clutch, a drop of very sticky grease is all that's required for the gears.

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
ahh, ok
so do I need a different carb and muffler for better performance? on the 70's?

I can't seem to the idle to purr like the 49 either?

Thanks for the speedy reply, I think I'm going to like this place!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. i will let one of the better mechanics answer why it is bogging down. one thing though is do not expect the 80cc motor to be quicker then the 49cc. the difference in the motors and the way they were designed is the larger motor was designed to be a work horse. designed for towing a load or some of us bigger guys lol. most likely you will not get more speed from the bigger motor. i hope this answers a little bit of your question. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
OK, so it has more power but not much more top end speed, but she's still not running right? After it picks up some speed it bogs way down. The muffler had a ;ot of flak and a good size bump of weld blocking flow, maybe? Going to try it again now.

I'll be back

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
when it bogs down, does the motor sound like a huge load was just put on it, or does it just stop making power but sound like it's revving normally?

Try swapping your CDI, spark plug, and wire over from the 49cc and see if it helps any.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I had the same problem when I owned my 70cc. I remember Dean taking off the throttle cable and lowering the clip on the barrel to the middle slot. After that my motor ran great. I also installed an expansion chamber and modified my exhaust tube as well.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
The 49cc can breathe OK with the supplied components, but the 67cc will choke or just won't put out the power. Open up the manifolds, seal it up, put a tuned pipe on, get a new plug and wire and you will feel the 67cc is worth it.

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
OK, were swapping the CDI out of a new box to try that, it bogs in the low 20's now, runs fine till that point
I think we tried every ajustment on the needle its on the 2nd from bottom now.

were do you get a new wire? and the right stuff to make it sweet? How do I open up manifolds?

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Are all bolts good and tight on the motor? Intake, head bolts, etc?

And I will say, my 70cc takes a bit of time to get from 20 to 25. Down low it's cake.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Rugs, How old is the motor? Is it shaking real bad when you get to 20mph? I'm wondering if you messed up your wrist pin bushing.

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
That didn't work, going to try wire and plug......I found the info needed here! Heading to the store now, hopefully this will help!

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
Its brand new, I bought the 49 cc and liked it so i bbought 5 70 cc motors
Everything is new, Ive swapped parts from a new box , and now bought a new wire and plug and it still happens
I'll check head bolts but we did all that and it seems fine, must be a fuel issue?

It's giving me hemroids

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum :)

Sounds like a fuel issue to me too, what does your plug look like? I would try changing the clip on the carb.
:ride2:

Ruggs

Jul 16, 2008
YES!!!!!

fuel mix was too rich!

tops out at 31 no bogging!~ TY

Next I'll post some pics

DoLLeRMaN

Jun 15, 2008
Im guessing this is very similar maybe someone can answer.

My bike runs fine when I am giving it gas, it purrs along. But as soon as I let go the gas my bike jerks around like the engine is engaging and disengaging. This especially happens when I slow down to 14 mph and less.

I wanna peddle and give it gas only when I need to but it makes it difficult bouncing around like that. My current solution is engage the clutch until I need the gas but I was hoping there was a way to fix the problem.

Thanks.