Damn Thieves...

GoldenMotor.com

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
My motorized bicycle was just stolen last Sunday from my very own secured parking garage! Went to the store for bbq needs and when I came back it was gone! Seems that someone was moving out of my building all weekend with a u-haul and they just threw it in with the last of there sh*t like it belonged to them! What's really funny is I got there forwarding address from the manager and I can't wait to see them riding it aroung there new neighborhood! I just got a nice new 12" x 6' steel I beam front bumper on my truck that has there name all over it!!

Thieves BEWARE, I DON"T PLAY NICE!!!

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
dude that sucks, sorry that that happed to you, make sure you check craigslist in your aria also check e-bay
I hate thieves

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
We had three kids bikes stolen from the house next door to me, One was a pretty new bike and two were junkers. They dumped the newer one on the side of the road and kept the two junkers. One of those I had given to the kid next door.

,I figure they could never convince mom that the new bike was a gift, or found in the trash but the one I built could easily have been.

I have a garage on my house and I lock both my bikes up even if I'm going to be right inside the house. It's a lot of taking them in and out but I think it is necessary.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hope you filed a police report with your suspicions about your former neighbors. At least get it on file and then if the bike turns up you'll have the edge. Oh, and forget vengeance. It'll only come back to bite you. Let the cops handle it from here.
Tom

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
Yes, I did file an official report. And I am not realy a violent or vengeful person, I let karma take care of her own issues. It just sucks that the bike was my only mode of transpo.

But I have already bought a Mongoose full suspension 26" mountain bike with disc breaks. I am moving onto another project. I am unsure of which kind of kit I will use. I like the china 2 strokes, I also am interested in going electric. The current frame doesn't alow inframe mounting for anything but electric. I have been paying ALOT of attention to some rear rack mounted 4 stroke kits! I am nearly 300lbs (not alot of fat, just alot of meat), so I'm shying away from the electric hub motors for I don't think they would hold up.

I have so many crazy ideas floating around in my head for DIY stuff, like building my own rear rack on my full suspension to hold a china 2 stroke that would sit over the rear wheel?

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Sorry to hear what happened! I keep my bike in the garage (fully closed up) I make it a point to keep the garage door down because the good lord only knows who's casing the place. we recently had 11 car break-ins in my neighborhood, so I'm extra careful to not let the crooks catch an eye full if possible. good luck to ya my friend and I hope they get your bike back to ya.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
As a electrician, there is one thing I cannot stand on this planet and that is those meth, crack smoking low life loser copper thieves.

We should get a new law passed I am all for cutting off hands or branding thief on there forehead.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
How about just keeping them in jail until the addiction is broken? Mandatory.

If it kills 'em, that's too bad. And I don't mean that sarcastically. Really; it's too bad, but it's gotta be done.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
My motorized bicycle was just stolen last Sunday from my very own secured parking garage! Went to the store for bbq needs and when I came back it was gone! Seems that someone was moving out of my building all weekend with a u-haul and they just threw it in with the last of there sh*t like it belonged to them! What's really funny is I got there forwarding address from the manager and I can't wait to see them riding it aroung there new neighborhood! I just got a nice new 12" x 6' steel I beam front bumper on my truck that has there name all over it!!

Thieves BEWARE, I DON"T PLAY NICE!!!
Check your local laws on booby trapping, then get back with me,lol.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Do not: Recon the location. Verify the materiel is present. Rain **** as though the existence of the planet depended on it. Raze the site.

Do: Do what normal people do; call the police, hope for the best, expect nothing. Life ain't fair.

Sorry man...

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Yes, I did file an official report. And I am not realy a violent or vengeful person, I let karma take care of her own issues. It just sucks that the bike was my only mode of transpo.

But I have already bought a Mongoose full suspension 26" mountain bike with disc breaks. I am moving onto another project. I am unsure of which kind of kit I will use. I like the china 2 strokes, I also am interested in going electric. The current frame doesn't alow inframe mounting for anything but electric. I have been paying ALOT of attention to some rear rack mounted 4 stroke kits! I am nearly 300lbs (not alot of fat, just alot of meat), so I'm shying away from the electric hub motors for I don't think they would hold up.

I have so many crazy ideas floating around in my head for DIY stuff, like building my own rear rack on my full suspension to hold a china 2 stroke that would sit over the rear wheel?
Funny how Karma has a way of evening things up. Several years back I was griping about a co-worker and I said something like: "It's good that I believe in Karma. 'Cause I want to come back a total idiot like that SOB [coworker's name]"

The guy working next to me piped up: "What's the matter? Weren't you a big enough idiot this time around?"

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Funny how Karma has a way of evening things up. Several years back I was griping about a co-worker and I said something like: "It's good that I believe in Karma. 'Cause I want to come back a total idiot like that SOB [coworker's name]"

The guy working next to me piped up: "What's the matter? Weren't you a big enough idiot this time around?"
Lol, yeah I'm not a believer in karma. If something bad happens to you, isn't that the universe equaling out something that you did wrong?

To the op. sorry man that sucks. Hope you get things resolved soon. Theft is rampant around my tiny town these days. Thieves walk past a house see its unoccupied ,lift the garage door grab one or two items real quick and split amongst other ways of course.

One of these days someone's going to get shot. We have a greeting in this state.
Welcome to Wyoming, consider everyone armed.

Dan.

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
This thread was over 3 years dead before being exhumed by Dave31. The OP hasn't logged in to the site in almost 2 years. I doubt we'll hear anything more on this subject. :)
I'll throw my .02 in though and say from the OP's description, he didn't secure the bike in the shared garage.