Viva la Revolucion!

GoldenMotor.com

sever

Jun 24, 2008
Cloud 9
Hey guys i saw somebody riding a motorbicycle in my neighborhood and i cant stop thinking about making my own!

My take on all of this is that it is a wonderfully creative, efficient and FUN way of getting around and my design has got to be a chopper cruiser or stretch cruiser! i want my motorbicycle to look like a lightweight version of an oldschool chopper cruiser! I just dont know anything about the bikes i like or the engine kit i want to buy.

my favorite bikes are the puma

and the micargi mustang

I understand from reading a few posts that Kustom Kruiser makes a good knock off but have been unable to find one that i like that isnt just as expensive.

lol, i know this is a lot of stuff and i really appreciate everybody being so friendly here :)

so basically the kit i want is the 80 cc (w/e) 2 stroke that you can get from ebay for like 125 plus shipping.

NEW BLACK 80cc Motor Bicycle Engine Kit Bike Gas Kits - eBay (item 380038407628 end time Jun-27-08 11:58:22 PDT)

is this a good motor and will it fit on the style bicycle i want? i know every bike is different but it seems that all the stretch cruisers have that huge chain guard that looks like it might get in the way of the engine. will it fit anyway?, regardless of the chain guard? can i get around it if it does?

somebody PLEASE help me!!! i cant wait to show off my motorbicycle and promote green living!!!

thank you all!!!

SKY KINCAID

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
These kits are all pretty much the same. They fit a lot of bikes. If you modify th frame I doubt there is a bike anywhere you can't make them fit somehow. What you are asking is will it fit easily.

For that the old triangular shaped frame also called diamond shaped frame is best. You need fifteen inches of clearance I'm told. Sometimes the front tube is thick and you need to use an adapter to make it fit. Most kits come with some kind of adapter for that,

The kit is you mention is fine. Decide on a bike take a picture of it and we can give you an idea how hard it will be to fit it inside the frame.

congratulations on a good decision it is fun and useful move you are making. Welcome to the forum lots of people here who are willing and even like helping new people.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
They are pretty much all the same and NONE ARE 80CC! They are all closer to 70cc, like 67-69cc's.

Buy one, you will not regret it.

sever

Jun 24, 2008
Cloud 9
Hey guys thanks so much for the advice! Great people are great to find. I cant seem to figure out how to post a picture yet but i've decided that i want a micargi mustang thats listed on ebay here:

MICARGI 26" MUSTANG GTS CHOPPER BIKE BICYCLE CRUISER - eBay (item 260229268068 end time Jul-09-08 21:03:36 PDT)

I would love to know if anyone has done this before and if they know that it can be done for sure, but from what i can gather "if theres a will, theres a way" seems to be pretty popular here.

thanks for your time,

sky kincaid