Nice Sunday Morning Ride!

GoldenMotor.com

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Good Morning!
Woke up around 7:30 and decided to take a nice morning ride. I went about 12 miles round trip today. First I headed up to the Publix and used the ATM. Stopped by 2 older guys (70's?) that both said they've been talking about getting mopeds or scooters. They thought my bike was just too cool! :)
So I told them about the forum, and hopefully they'll learn and get involved.

Then I went up to the Barnes and Noble, where I took these pix of my bike, had a cup of coffee...came home.

Nice ride...good start to the day!

Have a good one,
Mark

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Lucky you! I have a graduation to go to...have to be good and stay out of things mechanical until much later.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Pretty bicycle.
Watch out for trouble with any front fender. They jam the front wheel on a motorized bicycle.
Is that a bicycle cable lock.
In addition try a solid steel hoop type lock.
Dont leave your bike unattended for long.
They are a lot of fun.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Lots of attention on these bikes. I can never go anywhere that someone doesnt ask sometimes the conversations gets tedious but i love the bike

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
sounds like a great sunday morning drive. big part of the fun is riding around stopping places and people want to talk about your ride. first thing they ask is where to get a bicycle motor. then they are amazed that you put it togather. i have been all over the island and havn't seen a motorized bicycle yet. i imagine when my kit gets here this week i will be turning some heads also

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments...

Spad, what am I supposed to watch out for on the front fender? There's a large gap between the fender and the smaller wheels I put on, and unless 3 bolts come off at the same time, I don't see how it can be trouble...but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Mark

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Specifically where (At the bolt, or on the fender) - I'll make a preemptive attack with JB Weld! Stiffen everything up a bit.

Thanks,
Mark

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
No need to get too paranoid about vibration damaging the front fender supports .
Just check them when you fill up with gas. If you see a crack FIX it soon.
They jam the front wheel when they fail.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Nice, Chitty. My wife won't even try mine out...she's afraid of it. :)
That's fine, I have a regular bike to ride with her.