new newbie from LA, CA

GoldenMotor.com

schacal06

Oct 3, 2014
los angeles, CA
hi just wanted to check in with everybody, i got a free west coast chooper and i want to put a motor on it to get to work save on some gas...

i just starteted looking around in the internet because i went to some place they told me it would be about 700$ ... i think thats to much they crazy or maybe i am..

but to my point i will be reading up and asking question as i might try to do it myself with my coworker he has a good knowledge with choopers and bicycles (he used to race bikes when he was younger ) he also works with sheet metal so welding and cutting or bending whatever i have to do i know he can take care of it !

thats if i dont find a place to do the instal for cheap !!

thanks in advance to everybody usflg

oh and i had just one question.... is there a kit for wcc bicycle or any kit will work with modification ?

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hello and welcome.

$700 would be really high end. There are some great WCC builds and after market parts available. This is just a search for WCC, here, using the search feature. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=west coast chooper&gsc.page=1

Doing it your self is a lot more fun (and frustrating, snork) But aside from the joy and sense of accomplishment. An incredible learning opportunity. Also and uber important, ya know when some thing just doesn't feel or sound right and can fix it.

Paying some one else to do it for you makes it a thing. Creating her your self, she is a creation with whom you have a bond.
LOL, I know how nutz that sounds but most folks will back me up.

No bout-a-doubt it, is difficult, hair pulling and maddening to build a first one. Just makes that first ride all the sweeter. Really is a high first time she fires up and carries you down the road.

Lots of help and and information here. Just ask. Every thing, problem and challenge you run into has happened to some one else and can be addressed.

Build some thing cool and post lots of pictures!