Introduction

GoldenMotor.com

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Hello all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm mostly a motorcycle guy; but I've picked up a couple of little motors that should be suitable to use on the cruisers that I have. One of the motors is a Honda GXH50, and the other, an old Sachs ST96. Both are presently stock; but I have things ordered to up the performance a bit. I'm going to need clutches, and motor mounts for sure, and I see by all the adverts on the site that there's no shortage of suppliers. I'm most anxious to get the Sachs going first. My experience with that brand goes back to the early '70's. I like to use high quality parts. My Dad always said that a poor man can only afford the best.
I look forward to meeting some of you, whether online or in person. I'll post more info as I get things put together.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Sky.
Glad you've joined us. Motorcycle experience will come in handy but there are oddities about motorized bicycles that you might need some help or advice with. If so you've come to the right place. Our search feature will provide you with pages of discussion and information on any aspect of building a bike and our 'DIY' section is for those non-kit folks like yourself.
Enjoy and have fun. Show us what you come up with.

Tom

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Skyking!

Welcome! Nice, I would love to see builds with other engines. And your dad was a very wise man. Pictures please, as many as you can make.

Dave
AssembleThis

.xx.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Thanks guys(and gals?). I haven't found anything useful on the ST96. Any of y'all know of a source for clutches, torque converters, CVT's, or variaters for this engine?