Howdy from NW Missouri

GoldenMotor.com

--

Aug 18, 2014
I am a newbie here..
This powered bicycle world has tugged my attention..
I have not yet started any build yet..

What have caught my attention is, two bike builders on Youtube..
Dave and his Cyclone and othe fella Dixie Flyer..
Both replicas are beautifully built..

I wish not trying to follow anyone designs like Harley's or Indain's.. rather to have the basic start.. those BTR styled bikes sure have that special lines to them..

It just a step I wanted take a step away from everyday China made scooters..

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi pedalpusher63!

Welcome to the forum.
Yeah I dream of building a unique MB myself, but decided it would be better if I got my feet wet on modding something first. But evolving into custom builds is what I would really like to do. This hobby is very addicting lol. But on the plus side I'm saving a ton of money on my gas bill every month. I went like from between $50 to $60 dollars a month to less than $10 a month. It's been a couple of months since I filled the tank in my mini van. In fact I've been driving the van every couple of weeks just to keep the battery charged otherwise I wouldn't be driving it at all. I really love my MB. Can't wait to finish it. Unfortunately I had a problem with one of my computers. Corrupted file prevented my laser printer from working. Tried to repair the file but was forced to format the hard drive and reinstall all the software. Been building and programming computers since 1973 so it's no big deal but haven't been able to work on my MB most of this week. It's not this computer, it's the one I use for making printed circuit boards. These days anyone can build a computer. It's not like 40 years ago when you had to program everything with DOS commands, lol what fond memories lol. Anyways how about some pictures of your new build?

Dave
AssembleThis

.xx.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yep get a kit,get one going then build what you want. It takes a long time to do a scratch build unless you have a lot of time to pend on them........
Welcom to the forum................Curt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. I believe you'll find all the help, advice and suggestions you'll need to get your first motorized bicycle project up and running.

Our advice is usually, 'start small' learn the basics first before embarking on an ambitious project like a custom board tracker. The experience you gain with a first, simple build will go a long way when you decide its time to build the next one. And there will be a next one. The hobby is addictive.

Good luck.

Tom

--

Aug 18, 2014
Welcome to the forum. I believe you'll find all the help, advice and suggestions you'll need to get your first motorized bicycle project up and running.

Our advice is usually, 'start small' learn the basics first before embarking on an ambitious project like a custom board tracker. The experience you gain with a first, simple build will go a long way when you decide its time to build the next one. And there will be a next one. The hobby is addictive.

Good luck.

Tom
It will be time.. I am sure that once I get started, I'll finish it.. whether it great or small.. it will get done.

I have successfully built a few boats.. ranging from 8 feet to 16 feet..

Metal working is a whole new step for me. I may invest in few equipments along the way.. I understand that I just cannot bend tubing in the fork of tree.. <smile>

Last edited: