Electric? WOW !! Check this out !

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No performance specs? Top speed? Range? The video doesn't impress me, Duane. It doesn't look as fast as my China Girl bikes. In fact I'll race it with my old Norton bike, and beat it with that black chopper you rode. Heaven only knows what they'll ask for that thing. $20,000 maybe? And how do you take the baffles out of the muffler? The sound reminds me of old quick change differentials or gear drive cams.

Sorry buddy. I'm a dinosaur and I can't get excited over that one.

Tom

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
No performance specs? Top speed? Range? The video doesn't impress me, Duane. It doesn't look as fast as my China Girl bikes. In fact I'll race it with my old Norton bike, and beat it with that black chopper you rode. Heaven only knows what they'll ask for that thing. $20,000 maybe? And how do you take the baffles out of the muffler? The sound reminds me of old quick change differentials or gear drive cams.

Sorry buddy. I'm a dinosaur and I can't get excited over that one.

Tom
The Live Wire was announced back in June, I thought about posting it here, but I don't get excited about electric 2-wheeled devices.

IMHO, they need to make some noise - at least enough noise for caged people in their HEPA-filtered cabins to hear :D

But I digress. Here are the available specs for the HD Live Wire:

74HP, 52 ft/lb, 250lbs
0-62MPH in 4 seconds
53 mile range
Price = ?????
Expected 2016

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
That is cool, but for only 53 mile range. It should be cheaper, or at least the same price as the stealth bike. But knowing Harley it won't be.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The Live Wire was announced back in June, I thought about posting it here, but I don't get excited about electric 2-wheeled devices.

IMHO, they need to make some noise - at least enough noise for caged people in their HEPA-filtered cabins to hear :D

But I digress. Here are the available specs for the HD Live Wire:

74HP, 52 ft/lb, 250lbs
0-62MPH in 4 seconds
53 mile range
Price = ?????
Expected 2016
Wow that is like some 37 times more powerful than the AKA happy time two smoke motor. Better hold on to the bars a little tighter with this one! I do agree about the lack of quality noise tholaff

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay, I'll concede that he might get me on speed, but let's see what happens if I challenge it to a race from Denver to Colorado Springs. That's 65 miles and I use 2 gal. tanks. :)

Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Wow that is like some 37 times more powerful than the AKA happy time two smoke motor...
...though somehow I suspect it'll be a touch more then $3700 or thereabouts lol

Honestly? It's more then a bit underwhelming, I'd expect at least a little more innovation & ability from a major motorcycle manufacturer... though I s'pose HD straying from the cruiser style is "innovation" for them ;)

The vid is revealing really, given it only addresses the fashion & consumerism aspects of ebikes ("OMG look, we painted the motor silver!"). Good ol' bandwagons heh rotfl

Last edited: