Unable to start

GoldenMotor.com

ratman150

Feb 19, 2014
Murphy Texas
Rather than going through a long list of what I have tried (which is basically every suggestion I've ever read on the forum)....Here is so far what I haven't even checked.

The clutch.

The engine has never run in the past, because it is brand new....Spark, fuel, petcock etc are there, the engine kill switch is working. Choke at full half or open doesn't change anything. I have failed to get a single fire out of it thus far. It is turning so the clutch doesn't seem to slip.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Since you HAVE a spark, verify that the magnet it installed properly. The keyway should veer to the right, not the left.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Perhaps someone could verify the proper keyway position for TDC? Highly unlikely, but the crank's keyway may be off and affecting timing. I take it that your compression "feels" right?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Pull the plug and hold it against the block while turning the engine. Got spark?
If no. Check the wiring and coil. ANY water in the side cover can short the coil out and give intermittent spark.
If yes, check fuel flow is actually getting to the engine, if the line flows, clean the float needle and seat.