is this a good seller/kit

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I see a long clutch lever in the pic (no way to tell if it will be in the kit tho) - if both clutch are & clutch lever are short, the clutch is harder to pull

I see no gear puller tool in the pic - bummer if you don't already have one

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
GOODLUCK. I'll buy some parts off e-bay , but big ticket items I ONLY BUY OFF SITES WITH PHONES/AND/OR/SKYPE. And they must have a warranty . Or mydance1money stays home.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks like a typical kit, I bought some stuff from them yesterday myself, they're in Texas where I live so shipping should be quick for me and I like to help my local state economy when I can which was a couple reasons I bought from them, time will tell if they're gonna earn any of my future business.

One thing I notice about the kit is that it has the catalytic highly restrictive exhaust, like most of the kits have, I say put it together well, run it 200+miles and then put a better exhaust , tune carb well, one of the most imortant things is correct fuel oil mix with good quality oil.

Best of luck with the new kit.
Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
what do you recommend for oil? right now i'm using penzoil 2stoke stuff...

For fear of starting another huge oil debate here I'm not gonna recommend an oil brand and say one is superior to the other, I will list a couple top brands as an example of what many of us are having great results with though.

(one person has been running one type of oil for several years at a certain mix with great results, while another will say that is a bad oil and they burned up there engine because of it....LOL!)

Most recommend to start the engines off at somewhere around a 25:1 ratio mix, I started mine at 32:1 with Valvoline 2 Stroke oil, the Penzoil should be just fine, main thing I would recommend is just break the engine in easy, some of these engines are a little better put together than others but its always a crap shoot to which one we get, tolerances have much to be desired on all of them in one area or another so put some miles on it before you start trying to see what your maximum speed is this will give things a chance to sorta wear in and for the rings to seat properly.

High quality oils some of us are running and many of us have had great results with for several years.

Opti2: at 80:1 ( this is what I run in mine ) some run this oilo at 100:1 with great results.

Amsoil: at 50:1 - 100:1

Maxima: 927 Castor at recommended ratios

Redline: at recommended ratios

I know there are others, these are just the ones off top of my head, if you want to run any of these they are all good oils, go ahead and put 200-300 easy to moderate running miles on the engine and then switch over to one of these oils, this is how some of the very experienced fella on here have said is best so your rings will seat quicker, as many things this is another thing that is up for debate between some, but it for sure wont hurt anything to follow this procedure in my opinion.

After a good break in period I recommend deciding which oil your gonna run and at what ratio, do what ever exhaust mods you have planned and then tune the carb for all of it and you should have a good running dependable ride if all is done properly.

hope this helps and best wishes on the new build.

Map reddd

I know there are a few more

92gsxbafaro

Jul 12, 2013
Spokane, Washington
how do i tune the carb just adjust where the clip is on the needle? ive gotten quite a few miles on it today seems to keep running better as i go. it also seems to be like a better motor than my last kit that i had.

thanks for all the advice!