agcat111 just thinking..planning...

GoldenMotor.com

agcat111

Mar 28, 2013
Utah
Hello from Utah. Where I live you never see a motorized bike. I believe the local ordinances prohibit them??? When free time allows I will check out the laws. I want to use a bike to go to work at night, there are some good streets for that. Will need to have lights galore. Have been looking at kits, kits with bike included and Whizzer bikes. So far a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool Agcat. They really are a blast.

Be sure to check out local DMV and jurisdictional websites. Also be sure they are up to date. Local laws changed where I live in 2008 and can still find out of date information on motorized bicycles. (Motor driven cycles here in CT.)

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Welcome!

Here in California it seems everything is tightly regulated, but so far I have never been hassled on any of my motorized bikes. My newest build is a cruiser, the plan is to run lights and to register as a motorcycle as the motor is well above the horse power rating to be considered as a motorize bicycle.

My bike is just on the road, lights are not yet hooked up, but I will continue to update my build thread over on the 'board tracker and vintage' side of the house and that will include what I do for lighting. My end goal is a fully legal machine that I can take anywhere at any time which seems to be in line with your goal as well.

And I see you are in Utah, Pat and I will be out there at Bonneville for Speedweek this coming August, if you come out to watch pls be sure to come by and introduce yourself.

Rich