Hello from Arizona

GoldenMotor.com

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
Im a noobe and I want to build a motorized bike. The bike Im going to use is a Black Sharkfire with 3 in kenda flame tires in front and back. Its a single speed. I think it would be a cool build. Let me know what you think and give me some suggestions. This will be a first for me...Thanks:bike2:

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
I havnt decited on a motor yet still looking at the different options. I kind of like the 4 stroke robin-subarui friction setup. Yet I still like to old school look of the 2 stroke units.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Howdy Tink! I think there's an in-frame setup somewhere for a Subaru-Robin or Honda; I like a low center of gravity with my engines.

Are you in/near Phoenix? Build a bike, PM me, & let's go ridin'! ^5

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
Im still playing with the idea of a china engine its cheaper then the robin-subaru. I think it would be alot of fun. Im mainly looking at the sabaru setup for my ez 3 recumbent trike. The china engine would be for my beach cruzer Sharkfire 2 wheel bike. By the way I live in Holbrook, I have a daughter that lives in Mesa.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I think the Sharkfire build will work out great. They already have a cool fork on them. The Chinese, frame mounted engines look right at home in nice cruisers like the Sharkfire. Cheers.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I agree, I think the Sharkfire would make a great build. I have built a couple on cruiser frames and they worked out perfect. I have had really good luck so far with the Chinese 2 strokes. I got a few good tips off this site to get them running alot smoother. Just a bunch of little things, nothing serious. Good Luck, sounds like a fun project.

Ravenshurst

Oct 8, 2008
Tucson
Greetings, fellow Arizonan! Tucson here. Someone started a thread for all of us desert rats to check in. You could do a search, but I bet the originator of that thread will ask you to stand up & be counted.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I have an e-mail that says introduce yourself. Well I am not from Arizona, actually from Iowa but have alot of interest in Az. since my two boys both went to college there, and one of them lives in Fountain hills. That is where I first saw a couple motor bikes parked down by the lake a year ago. Since retiring after 37 years as a machinist I am now tinkering in my small machine shop. This winter I will be building motor bikes, as after the first two I am hooked. I only hope the next one works out as well as the first two. My two boys also went to Mountain View High School in Tucson. I love the desert southwest. Thats a quick run down on me, retirted but still a kid!