WTB motor and carb

GoldenMotor.com

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Looking to buy a HT motor and carb (NT prefered). really do not need a whole kit and it does not have to be in perfect shape. Just trying to help a buddy get a bike running at a reasonable cost. I do not care what CC, color, brand etc etc etc... Heck! it could even be in pieces... That would help him get the true feeling of what these china girls are like.. Thank you in advance!

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I have a supper rat that needs a piston and jug was running until piston went. How much can i get for it shipped?
Leo

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I could measure it with a tape not metric. I do not have a metric tape. If you tell me what a 66cc is i will compare.
Thanks Leo

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I think the shipping guys are kinda putting the kabosh on cheapo china parts...
Probably around 25bucks+ to ship something like that.
and MAKE SURE there is NO petroleum product smell coming from the parcel when you take it in to the post office!!!
...make a declaration it is machine parts...
period!

Best
rc

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
mrleo/inked1974
A couple of things you might already know.....the super rat uses 8 mm head studs,,,,,make sure your standard 66cc jug will accept the larger studs, the intake is larger, not sure about piston pin location/rod length differences. In any event, Gasbike has the super rat top end available. I think it is $70.
I have an almost new super rat top end available. Might have 5 miles on it. I put it on a standard 66cc bottom end and turned down the 8mm studs on the lower 1" of the stud and rethreaded them to thread into the 6mm holes in the standard base. I thought that would be better than retapping the holes in the base to 8mm since ther is not alot of meat in that area. Unfortuneatly the lower end rod bearings were noisey on the 66cc base so I pulled the motor. Inked-74...if you decide to abort the super rat idea and mrleo wants to sell the super rat base, I might be interested in buying the base. Would like to know a little bit more about the piston failure and how much junk might have gone into the base.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
If you already have the upper parts for the Super Rat, feel free to contact mrleo on the bottom end. seems like it would work out well for you both! Not real sure what direction my friend wants to go yet as far as motor so we are in no hurry. Just thought I could help him out a bit as he is not a member here (yet)

Thanks for the info on the Rat!

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
What happened on the piston/jug failure? Did it do a meltdown or what. How much junk went into the crankcase? I never split a case before. Shipping will probably kill me to Pa but what would you be thinking as far as price for the motor. Let me know.

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I do not know what happend. It blew a head gasket. When i cut down the head and put it back together tried to start it and it froze up. Piston was a mess. No parts in case.
Leo

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
What do think you want for it. let me know. any idea on shipping to 17019, pa. How much time or miles do you think you have on it? Thanks and if you remember, I bought the choke lever from you last week.

mrleo

Aug 16, 2011
cal.
I remember ill check on shipping. It had less than 165 miles did not last very long.I instaled a morini very nice now.
Leo