WTB: Vintage Motorcyle replica

GoldenMotor.com

Luckykat32

Mar 19, 2012
So Cal
I'm a newbie here, just learning about motors on bicycles...I've been around the vintage bicycling scene for a while & have decided I want a vintage motorbike replica so that I can cruise a little further than with my bicycles.

Ultimately, I want a vintage motorcycle replica, not a board track, just a cruiser, with a long spring saddle & some long, straight-back handlebars, painted, ready to go!...anything around the look of a 1908-1919 would be great. No harleys please.

I know there's a few people around my area, in So. Cal., that build them, but I'm looking to buy one thats already done. I prefer not to have to worry about paying for shipping, but for the right bike, I will.

Let me know what you have & we'll work out a deal...I have vintage bicycles & parts I can trade or just give you cash.

PM me.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Luckykat32,
Thank you for stopping by motorbicycling.com in your search !
The vendors who advertise here, and members who will build for hire will be glad to help you.
Look at as many pictures as you can!
Best
rc

Luckykat32

Mar 19, 2012
So Cal
Thanks for the heads up gentlemen.

After looking at all the turnkey bikes, they're not really for me...I think I'm going to have to go with a custom...does anyone have any pictures of custom bikes they've had made? Post 'em!

I'd love to see custom bikes made to look like pre-1920 motorcycles.

And, if ANYONE is selling a good replica, please let me know!

Tanks!

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Seeing the photos you have supplied as a guide to what your tastes are i think the best two builds that come to mind are these builds that are all hand made by the owners, and i dont think either are for sale but give you an idea of what is possible. ...

The first is my personal favourite and belongs to Mr B, have a look through his thread and you will learn a helluva lot
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37011

The second build belongs to Grebes and is way too cool
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=25438

Oh.... i nearly forgot about this beauty of Louie MCman
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=25753

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the heads up gentlemen.

After looking at all the turnkey bikes, they're not really for me...I think I'm going to have to go with a custom...does anyone have any pictures of custom bikes they've had made? Post 'em!

I'd love to see custom bikes made to look like pre-1920 motorcycles.

And, if ANYONE is selling a good replica, please let me know!

Tanks!
Seeing that you are in SoCal if you come to the Sat April 7th race and show
you will be able to check out the most extensive collection of custom
motorized bicycles around.
You might even be able to get some test rides.

Dan of Taylar Motorbikes and Big Boy Cycles will be there to name a few.

Cobrafreak said that he was bringing his Indian replica too which is the kind
of build that you seem to want.

Last edited:

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.

Attachments