Im Jake from MI looking to get into this

GoldenMotor.com

rawkstar320

May 13, 2008
Im Jake and im looking into getting one of these motor bicycle kits to help me save gas on my 30mi round trip (with big hills) commute to work and back.

Im still trying to put a few dollars together to buy the kit but if anyone has an recomendations on what kit to buy or not to buy...that would rock!

I was looking at either the 70cc kit from DAX or there is also an ebay guy that sells this kit:
80cc Motorized Bicycle Bike Motor Moped Kit Engine NR - eBay (item 160237721545 end time May-08-08 15:48:25 PDT)

he has more kits and at least acts like a good guy.

but I have a few cool ideas for this project...and im excited to get the engine and start playing with it.

Thanks !

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. pablo bought his from devrou so he can tell you his experience. i know he had problems and i believe thatsdax took care of it for him. i just ordered a kit from thats dax and been talking to him alot and i know he takes care of his customers and you will find that is very important. what part of michigan you from. i live in battle creek. my experience with devrou was he is only about 30 miles from here and wanted to pick up the motor in person and he still wanted to charge me $60.00 in shipping charges. well have to run errands with the wife. glad to have you with us
:ride2:

rawkstar320

May 13, 2008
I live in Frankfort MI actually. West coast about an hour south of TC. Ill be traveling from Frankfort to Arcadia to work at Arcadia Bluffs(golf course).

but yeah, it looks like no mater what it might take forever for the motor to get here haha.

oh well..

thanks!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of us motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Don't be afraid to ask questions when you start your build. Lots of help and knowledgeable folks on this site.......................

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
devrou is just ok. He is slow to ship and his response is never super quick - when the 30 days runs out, you will be SOoL - even if the part is really defective!

I bought my kit December/January - kinda cold to work on the kit full time.

I had a bad carb needle* (which I really don't "blame" devrou for, the problem is it took awhile to figure out) - all I got from devrou: "warranty has expired"....so if you plan to buy when the weather is nice and build it right away, he's OK I guess. The parts are all about the same.

Why he continues to call it 80cc, does NOT exactly scream honesty, but I don't think he is patently evil. Just gets away with what he can get away with!!!:-||:eek:rotfl

*I ended up buying a new carb from thatsdax and it works like a champ. Plus Norman here fixed my old carb by tapering the needle.

WELCOME!!!!

rawkstar320

May 13, 2008
Oh yeah, i know shelby. I used to live in Ludington.

Thanks for the info guys.

ThatsDax says that it may take up to 10 days to ship...thats a pretty long lead time in my book for shipping. But it sounds like its probably a better idea to go with him.

thanks all!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I've bought three kits from dax and one I got in a few days the other two took a little longer. It just depends on when in the shipping cycle you order I guess...

Welcome!

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. From the looks of the Ebay kit...there are others with updated parts...locking clutch lever and bearing tensioner.