Building A Pimp Ride by: Lowrider

GoldenMotor.com

lowrider

Jun 16, 2009
VAB
Ok guys no real info here just going to post before during and almost finished pics.

the after pics will come tomorrow i hope when its running!

So here goes

Most of you have an idea of what it looks like due to my posting in the chat box but you know you want to see more :p

Before

[/IMG]

During

Painting the motor

Painting the Spedo

Before

After

usflg

Last edited:

lowrider

Jun 16, 2009
VAB

Getting it all put together and fitted

Almost done this is where I am today

I need to mount the gas tank shorten the throttle and put on the chain then you will get the fished pics . But here goes the almost finished cuz it would be mean to tease you with this until tomorrow!!

Thanks for looking wish me luck!!

lowrider

Jun 16, 2009
VAB
Fantastik build lowrider i'll be watching to see how it performs

Sweet thanx man its my first build ever!! not to bad if i dont say so my self :)

I should mention that I can build a house by myself with one eye and one hand.

Ok so i have tons of hands on experience with building and my current business

but never a bike ot anything propelled!

OH Yeah! Thats a Norman's special plug wire on there!!!

Thax Norman

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Looks great. Lowriders haven't appealed to me before because they are tough to pedal. The China motor definitely takes care of that problem.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Very nice lowrider, I can dig it! Yeah the hard to pedal issue was why I bought a china motor for the Schwinn OCC. Nice build for your first try guy! You know it won't be your last right? Expecially if you keep looking on this forum, you'll see one you wanna make real soon.

Last edited:

butchatron

Jul 22, 2009
kentucky
Thats an awsome looking ride, Lowrider! One question, I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like you replaced the rear 144 spoke wheel (I assume those are 144 spokes) with a fan wheel. Is this correct? If so, was this for astetic purposes or because you had issiues with mounting the sprocket? I would like to use custom wheels on my bike project, so I'm wondering if there will be any problems using either 72 or 144 spoke wheels.

lowrider

Jun 16, 2009
VAB
Thats an awsome looking ride, Lowrider! One question, I can't tell from the pic, but it looks like you replaced the rear 144 spoke wheel (I assume those are 144 spokes) with a fan wheel. Is this correct? If so, was this for astetic purposes or because you had issiues with mounting the sprocket? I would like to use custom wheels on my bike project, so I'm wondering if there will be any problems using either 72 or 144 spoke wheels.
actually I removed the spokes that i needed to in order to install the gear. i could put all of them in on the pedal side but haven't yet. been thinking about faking the motor side though but am hesitant :D

butchatron

Jul 22, 2009
kentucky
actually I removed the spokes that i needed to in order to install the gear. i could put all of them in on the pedal side but haven't yet. been thinking about faking the motor side though but am hesitant :D
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I think I'll try 72 spokes on my ride, I saw a pic of a motorbike with 72s, and it looked like the guy had no trouble mounting the spocket, so we'll see what happens. Again, awsome bike!

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
How difficult was it to get that engine to fit in there? Any problems with the angle it's on, meaning is your chain fine? Does that muffler hit the ground when you turn? I want to build a lowrider, and I was referred to your thread. Seems you have a good lock on it, can you give me the crucial tips please? Thank you.