Chain derailing problem

GoldenMotor.com

boats

Apr 7, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've been riding my motocruiser for 3 days now, and tonight the chain hopped the rear sprocket and got bound up in the rear hub. After I put it back on, it popped off again, even though the engine was off and I was just pedaling.

Is it my imagination or did the little nuts that hold the sprocket to the bike wheel all get loose already? Does loctite hold those things on, or do I need to make a daily habit of going around tightening all the nuts for this kit? Or does the kit just have an adjustment period where everything is being "broken in" ?

I'd like to make this bike capable of going 5 miles to work and back daily if possible without major issue, so whatever suggestions you have to keep all the components in place consistently are welcome.... :)

Edit: never mind, got it.... spent an hour or so tightening everything and aligning the tensioner with the sprocket, and tightening the mount nuts. Seems the gearbox likes to pull the engine to the left and out of alignment, and all the nuts like to get loose, even after using loctite on them. Oh well :) It's still pretty fun :)

Last edited: