Calling all 5/8" shaft owners!

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I am calling out to ALL forum members who OWN a honda gxh50 or a Huasheng 49cc engine. I'm looking for info on a chain drive setup to replace the 4G belt drive. I will be attempting to use a 11 tooth clutch drum,44(maybe a 48) tooth sprocket attached to a flange mount freewheel on an adaptor,using #35 chain. I will not be changing the solid ten tooth drive sprocket. Anyone tried anything similar?

Remember,if you don't own one of these engines with the 5/8" shaft then you probably don't have the answer I'm looking for.

And yes,I know,its going to be louder than the belt drive. I kno and don't care. I've been riding bicycles for twenty years and I have the calves to prove it.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
No offense, but that sounds like a downgrade.

The Hoot, Dax box, and the Bikeberry "5G" all use that method. I don't know about the Dax box, but the Hoot and 5G don't have good reputations.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with!

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That's ok aleman,it probably is! But I can actually replace all of the parts at ANY time instead of waiting on the "slow boat" from china.

It should fit under the 4G cover and have room for the spring loaded tensioner that I will be installing.

And on a side note,what was Don Grubee thinking? He goes to china when he could have had a tranny built by Staton Inc. Grubee head office is located in Oklahoma City. Guess where Staton Inc. is?