Whizzer Exhuast

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I am just starting to mess around with exhaust pipes for Whizzer engines. I really like the sound of these little thumpers and my 2006 NE5 sounds cool enough,but I want to get a little more agressive on my next build which is a boardtrack racer. We have all seen the original BTR youtube videos with the fire breathing shorty pipes. If noise is not a major concern then how short can I go? I hear short pipes don't work that well on a Whizzer as they need a bit of back pressure. Can I make a nice short pipe and reduce the exhaust tip diameter to maintain backpressure? Basically a tuned shorty pipe.
Thanks,
Pat

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
65 views without anyone weighing in? Someone here has experience with the engines and pipes. Quention, I am guessing you have read this. Any thoughts?

Hi Sportscarpat,

Sorry been so busy I just haven't kept up with the posts.

Best pipe is the long late version used on the NE motors, with or without the tuned insert. The early version has a smaller pipe I.D. If you shorten the pipe correctly you can tune for high RPMs but very little bottom end.

It is possible to hit some hard to believe RPMs with the flat head motor, and many DYNO runs placed the Flat head Whizzers within ONE MPH of the OHV Whizzers.

You can cut the pipe at a 45 degree angle between the last bend in the pipe and where it flares out for the echo chamber. Cut behind the mounting bracket.

Have fun,