1st build tell me what you think

GoldenMotor.com

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
like the front motor mount, looks like an NT carb, I have one on the way.How do you like it? Drive chain looks a little slack, be careful. Heres a pic of mine. This 66 cc Raw has a lot of speed, and vibration, just rubber mounted front and rear mounts, using 1/8 and 1/4 inch rubber, quite a difference. Have fun W.O.T.

Attachments

Last edited:

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
Looks like it's built well, like the cafe bars! I would add lights and a mirror though, to be safe and have more all-weather ability. At the very least pick up a bicycle head/tail light and bar-end mirror setup from walmart, the lights retail for $20 or so together and the mirror is $5. It might save your life, and keep you legal enough that the police won't be on your tail when they hear the motor.

If you want better range, you could get a 1 gallon tank or for serious mileage get a rear rack and a cheap jerry can, bungee on back and voila, 200 mile range.

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
oh haha ya ive got a chain breaker on the way. Do you think it is long enough to take links out? Thanks for the advice on lights and mirrors. Where could i get a motorcycle/moped style headlight and taillight? And im a little confused about what you were saying about the extra mileage.

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
oh haha ya ive got a chain breaker on the way. Do you think it is long enough to take links out? Thanks for the advice on lights and mirrors. Where could i get a motorcycle/moped style headlight and taillight? And im a little confused about what you were saying about the extra mileage.
As for the fuel, I mean getting a rear rack (usually bolts on the seatpost, sometimes it can fit on the frame if it's a tall enough bike and the rack mounts with a clamp) and a couple of elastic bungee cables, and a "jerry can" (red plastic fuel can) that they sell in either auto or lawn and garden departments at walmart, home depot etc. Attach the rack to your bike, bungee the fuel can to the rack, and then when you run out of gas just take off the can, fill up your stock tank, and keep riding.

You can also get larger-capacity tanks that are otherwise the same as the one with your kit.

On the mirrors, they are easy, go to a motorcycle scrapyard and take your pick for the mirrors themselves, you can usually pull them off any bike you see and pay $10 or so. For a mount, get a motorcycle clutch lever with a mirror thread in it (you will see a cylinder sticking out the top of the lever housing). Take off the lever, slide the housing onto your handlebars, secure it like any other handlebar acessory, and put the mirror on. If you want to have a clean look, saw off the extension on the housing that holds the lever and just leave the mirror mount.

I have tried to put motorcycle-style lights on my build but eventually gave up. If you have plenty of spare bolts and bracketry it could be worth a try, or maybe someone else managed to do it, but I couldn't within reasonable cost.

Whatever lights you get though, make them battery powered, preferably LED. It lasts a long time, gives a bright light and doesn't require using the "white wire". I wouldn't use the white wire because it might sap power from the motor, and even kill it during idle. Not always due to the varying quality of these motors, but alot of the time. LEDs also have a better power consumption than standard bulbs, so it'll be a long time of night/ bad-weather riding before they need replacement.