My ride

GoldenMotor.com

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
1965 Schwinn Spitfire 80cc engine sweetheart sprocket texas long horn bars extra huge sprug sattle AS stamped seat clamp and springer fork bolts ready 4 a candy jobW/ a tangelo pearl its primer rust until I figure out all adjustments still a head turner looking to finish it with a union headlight take her to the bike trail and she rides hard I cant wait to fit her with her painted 50s scooped fenders and auto cycle chain guard She rides on 26x 1/3.4 Schwinn S7 westwind whitewalls purchased @ Manny,s I want to thank Manny and everyone who made this possible Stephanie my wife.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
1965 Schwinn Spitfire 80cc engine sweetheart sprocket texas long horn bars extra huge sprug sattle AS stamped seat clamp and springer fork bolts ready 4 a candy jobW/ a tangelo pearl its primer rust until I figure out all adjustments still a head turner looking to finish it with a union headlight take her to the bike trail and she rides hard I cant wait to fit her with her painted 50s scooped fenders and auto cycle chain guard She rides on 26x 1/3.4 Schwinn S7 westwind whitewalls purchased @ Manny,s I want to thank Manny and everyone who made this possible Stephanie my wife.
How about some pictures? Sounds like a nice build! We all like to see pics. seems everyone comes up with something a little different.

John

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
thanks everyone im going to take some pics this weekend and hopefully have up by next week im sure everyone will love this 1965 Schwinn motorbike shes a dream i built her from the ground up all i had was the frame i was given back when my oldest daugther was born 1994 me and my friend jimmy were rideing are schwinn stingrays when we seen a older gentleman chucking the ballon frame jimmy ask him could he have it and the gentleman said what are you going to do with it we reply,d were going restore it later on that year jimmy said his mom threw it countless times in the trash after so many times he kept digging it out the trash he told me if i wanted it before his mom gets it again so i said yes but gave him 25$ for it he didnt even want my money but i told him take it becouse he just became a father. I recently ran into jimmy and showed it to him he could not beleive i held onto it so long. he said it looks like a dream that he knew i would one day make it nice but he had no idea i was going to this to it i told him i didnt think it was going to turn out like this either. i had to buy a whole bike just for the S7rims and it wasnt even a Schwinn the other parts i got from fleamarkets in maryland/texas /michican/ when i visited family in those states some stuff here in my home state of southern california. thanks again everyone for your time

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
just won 2 bids on a nos schwinn speedo white/ red face and a vintage red /white schwinn badge has 0736 stamped on it I was told it was the date but dont know I took pictures of my 1965 spitfire motorbike but still dont know how too work on how I can post my pictures could some one help

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sounds sweet Dave. If the pics are already on your computer, there is a lil paper clip symbol above where you type after hitting "reply" or "go advanced" Then just locate the file and upload. There are other ways discussed on this thread.

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/how-post-pictures-61.html

Can't wait to see your build.

(pic below was a test to make sure I wasn't giving you a bum steer)

Attachments

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
just ordered another 80 cc engine 4 my dads 26 1980s schwinn cruiser cant wait too install it so we both can take some pics becouse I try and try to post them and im fouling up

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
Finished my dads 1980 schwinn cruiser w/ 80cc engine he,s happy and rides all over in the town he lives in. still havent figured out how to post these pictures my ride and his look killer cant wait to do the other schwinn ballon frames I have I aslo have a few others like westernflyer,roadmaster,hawthorn, they too are good contenders for motorbike engines. thanks

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Dave. Is great your Dad is enjoying it so much. I was drooling over a westernflyer today at a bike shop. Guy laughed at me when I asked if he would be interested in selling it to me. :( He was a customer. It was almost the same shade of red as the Honda GX50 engine cover too!

If you want, I can post your pics for you. Can PM me with your addy.

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
My western flyer is red with white pinstripe,oldstyle goosenecks star sprocket headlight,fenders its tantem perfect becouse I have twinn boys they have a blast with it I would like to motorize it all I did was buy whitewalls and tubes for it and picked up for25 smackaroos thanks dan I would like for you to post my pictures I cant wait to show all my balloon bikes I have

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
took two weeks off went to santa monica board walk road my spitfire to venice we turn so many heads took pics but im not even trying to mess with it had so much fun did some tresure hunting and found a pair of s-2 26x2125 shined them today man they cleaned up nice . went to another hole in the wall bike shop 76th and central found a s-7back wheel shined it too looks great also bougth a 26 boys frame time for another project wow I love these bike how I can get something rusty and old take my time with it and looks killer cant wait for another engine kit these are keepers

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
yesterday road the spitfire through some lose sand ate **** scrape my elbow both knees and left palm burned my left shin so today I put the baffle back on the exhaust becouse it took off so fast IM glad nothing broke or ding Im looking for something I could cover my muffler so I wont burn myself again I want everyone to be careful with these motorbikes luckaly I hit the kill switch and killed the engine and not myself take care

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
.bld..bld.dance1just got a1949 straight bar w/ feather chain guard and flared fender at one time had a engine on it becouse the rear fender has a cut where a drive belt would clear came from washington had surface rust I removed all rust and primered it. she looks like one I seen in the aracade in redondo beach hanging from the ceiling. asked the owner would he like to sell it. he said no its a heirloom that go's with the place. if you are ever in redondo stop by the pier.I took the kids and they had a blast.I cant wait for this one to be done

daveboy76

Dec 23, 2008
palmdale .calif
today spend some time sanding the feather chain guard and back fender for my 1949 schwinn straight bar I beleive this must have been a hornet or wasp dont know for sure but did some research on it and it was one of the early models becouse it was done on the older motor bike frame style also came up on a schwinn built american flyer badge it says louisville kuntucky on it I guess this is just one of those personalized badges schwinn made for customers I also have a ludwig 1621 race st. cincinnati ohio badge with perpeller looks alot like a hendrson badge