hey guys

GoldenMotor.com

phillysanchez21

Sep 18, 2008
im new here and love it. i just got my motor kit a few days ago and ready to ride but i have a few problems so will you guys please help me. i got the motor running and it sounds great but when i ride it the throttle doesn't work! When its started the motor will just run by itself without any throttle.?. i have to keep my hands on the breaks the whole time! and also when you stop the bike shouldn't the motor keep on running? mine just stops. is this part of breakin the motor in or what? Please Help!
-philly:(

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum.

I think you are having a problem with the way the throttle and/or carb are set up.
The throttle should move freely with the cable hooked up, but not in the carb. Once you get that, then hook it up to the carb. Make sure the C shaped metal thing is on top of the clip, but under the spring.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, make sure you have a little freeplay in the cable housing. Screw the adjusters in at the top of the carb, and the throttle twist grip until you have about 1/16" of play.

The throttle twist grip itself can have plastic "flash" that makes operation rough too.