how do i start

GoldenMotor.com

surfmatt

Sep 1, 2008
i was going to ask the same question, only im going for the 80cc (apparently) may aswell!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
the larger engine will not give you more speed. the larger engine was designed for power to pull things and also nice for us larger riders. speed is around the same for both motors which is 25-35 mph average. like any other motor thier is modifications you can do to get more speed however 30mph is plenty quick on a motorized bicycle for most of us.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Heck twenty is more than enough for me.... And by the way the 60 70 and 80 are in effect the same size engine. My opinion not shared by everyone is go for the least expensive in that size range if you want one. Don't pay any attention to the size.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
hi wats up i am thinking of geting myself a motor for my bike, should i go for the 60 cc?how much speed can i get?
Before you think speed, think reliability. Good way to get hurt or killed.

Out of the box all the HT engines are about the same, a 49cc will indeed spin up faster because all the engines essentially use the same size carb and exhaust. However if you listen and learn or have someone do it for you, a 67cc can be modified to be much faster than a 49cc.

I have a 67cc, that I have modified and added the shifter kit to. 39.7 mph and I wasn't in a tuck.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I would say the most common failure during the 3 day PNW MB rally were exploding coaster hubs. The only way I would have a coaster brake is with pull brakes front and rear.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ah, brakes. 70% of your stopping comes from the front brake. v pull cantalever, center pull all the same! Disc won't lock. Sometimes. How you ride is Important! Don't over ride your bike! My brake pads are so old they have dentures. BUT they work. Brake ajustment is everything! 2.ten millionths of a second don't matter after you get hit by the car!

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
I would say the most common failure during the 3 day PNW MB rally were exploding coaster hubs. The only way I would have a coaster brake is with pull brakes front and rear.
What caused explosion of the coaster hubs?

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Repeted hard braking with a coaster brake will burn the grease and gum it up. You definately need to coast speed down and use less brake and repack the grease often.

street rider

Sep 4, 2008
i have a three wheeler i got out of the garbage and the back axle was snaped. i fixed it and once again it snaped going around a corner (when turning a sharp corner one wheel spins one way and the other spins the other way)...how can i fix that ??
also i am trying to mount a 47cc chain saw engine. but i also want the pedal crank to still work .. two chains for the crank so it's not so tence and belt for the chain saw motor

Hitekrdnk

May 23, 2008
How do you stop?

If you look up the history of the Whizzer their biggest fault back in the late 40's was the fact that they could go but stopping power being dependent on the coaster brake was not very reliable. It didn't stop them selling close to 200,000 units back then though.

da soul

Sep 1, 2008
nairobi kenya
Hi street rider why dont you try having the axle wellded by a profesional some times the welding equipment determines the strength of the joint, and you can mount two sprokets on the axle so that you get the kick that you wanted.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I was told by a local bike dealer that Schwinn still makes three wheel bikes.
Might check around your area for parts. As for the fuel milage on a 70cc it really depends how you ride, hills,wind, your weight, ect.

amealnet

Sep 19, 2008
iam considering buying a motor kit from ebay, i would like to know how the rear drive sprocket attaches to the rear wheel and is the overall installation difficult?