Micargi Bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

stokey

Feb 24, 2010
wyoming
Hi Everyone:
I'm getting ready ready to build my first motorized bike. I have the 50cc motor kit, but trying to decide on a bike for install. I have looked at Wal-Mart, K-Mart and internet so far. I found one that really captured my interest on e-bay. It is a Micargi, Falcon GT-R. I noticed the large dia. frame tubes, for which I am sure I could build different motor mounts, but have a couple of questions. #1. Does anyone know if there is enough room in the "triangle" for the motor to fit into? #2. It has 68 spoke wheels. What kind of problems are encountered with mounting the sprocket on wheels with more spokes? Will I need to order a custom sprocket that clamps on the hub/axel housing instead of the spokes? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (other than 64 year olds should not be playing with bikes)
Thanks!

Johnnycarly

Apr 16, 2010
Montana
I am currently building a Micargi MB and haven't noticed any issue with the 68 spokes but I also have fired it up yet. The front mount will cause you problems. Thats where im stuck now but I just order the large universal mount from sickbikeparts which looks to be the easy solution

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
oh muffler clamps will getg you around what ever tube size you need.....u bolts work too...those bikes are mild steel bikes from my experiance....you cant go wrong....a mig can fix anything.....68 spokes??? ok ....its been worked with before youll find a thread here to help you....from my memory of these threads its all about patience...something im not good at

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Its kind of expensive, but there is a guy here Creative Engineering who makes hub-clamp adapters. You have to very accurately measure your hub or send the wheel maybe. 68 spoke should be heavy duty though!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I got my adapter and 72tooth sprocket for 64$ shipped :)
how can you say that is expensive ???
kings wants more than that just for a sprocket !!!
livefast motors sells a clamshell adapter for more than that ($65) before shipping

just my opinion, but those are the facts

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
So how are ya'll satisfied with Micargi bikes? Are they heavy steel frame bikes? Are they cheap like Huffies, or do they have nicer welds and good dropouts etc. Are they really made in USA?

CruisinOCMD

Jan 18, 2011
OCMD
I've got a Micargi Rover GT with the triple tree fork and Ape Hangers in matte black. Its freakin awesome! No issues with the bike and it loves ripping at 35mph with my Skyhawk Super Rat. Now i just need to upgrade the brakes haha