Lap Steel?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Not sure, didn't think this would go in the Swap and Shop....

Looking for a lap steel.
Supro/National or ???? Vintage please up to 70's.

I know I can buy a POS Rogue or other made in China one, but I am looking for a decent one from the 40's-60's preferably.

Anybody play one?

If you have one for sale or trade, let me know what you are asking....here, no need to PM me.

Thanks!

Joe

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
P.S. I have a lot of engine kits/bike parts/ect. and also other "stuff" to trade. Lionel transformers, Tony Bennett autographed photo, just all manner of oddities, don't be afraid to ask, I may just have it.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Uh...well...um, at the risk of sounding oblivious and woefully clueless: what's a lap steel?
It's a plank sorta lookin' "guitar" with the strings waaay up high off the neck that you tune differently and play with a big old chunk of metal called a "steel".

You lay it on your lap instead of hanging it off of your shoulder....

"Lap Steel".

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It's a plank sorta lookin' "guitar" with the strings waaay up high off the neck that you tune differently and play with a big old chunk of metal called a "steel".

You lay it on your lap instead of hanging it off of your shoulder....

"Lap Steel".
D'oh! How did I not get that? Havin' a slow day. I've played lap dulcimers (as well as hammered) and lap harps and auto harps. Still missed puttin' 2+2.

I'm afraid I no longer own as many instruments as I used to. And some belonged to girlfriends past. I'm down to my violin, my ud, my recorder, and my harmonica. I may get a Yamaha keyboard at some point though.

But I haven't the faintest where to find a good lap guitar. I can't even remember the last time I heard one, - actually, it may have been a Hawaian tune I heard on one long ago. That may have been the last time.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
There was one in the local pawn shop, more than a few months back... I was surprised to see it! Can't remember what he was asking for it...

I'll keep an eye open for another, when I get out touring...

They are few and far between, seems to me.

Good luck
rc