Cool rear bicycle stand

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Ive seen a few designs for rear bike stands, but while watching youtube i came across this stand, maybe youve seen it but its new to me and i think its a very sturdy and neat setup and i know there were discussions on rear clips to hold the stand, well none would be as secure as this and when up in ring position its just part of the rear carrier. And when down it looks extremely stable.

Very very cool, neat setup that i plan to copy and thought you guys might wanna look

MOV048 - YouTube

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
That style was common in the days of motorcycle infancy. I completely forgot about the design though as it has been a long time since I have seen one. Thank you for sharing!

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Harry, thanks for the video. That does look like a good setup. The stand looks like it has to attach to the axle so it stays equidistant from the wheel/fender. My rear axle isn't wide enough to hold the stand, so I had to weld on tabs to the frame in front of the axle for the stand to attach to. That makes my stand off-center and the higher it travels, the closer it gets to the fender. It won't travel to the 12 oclock position. How has your stainless clip worked out? Dan

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I havent done anymore to Kellys bike that has the S/S clip because i had a dose of the flu, then got my Villiers running properly (made a primary drive guide) and havent stopped riding that because its so much fun..... but i really have to get her bike done so ill know soon enough....... if i can do less ridng and more working