Ahearne Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

While chatting with a friend, she happened to mention a friend of her's that's hand making bikes so I had to go and investigate. After picking my jaw up offn' the floor I felt I just had to share the exquisite examples of absolutely gorgeous craftsmanship found here: Ahearne Cycles | Home | Custom, handbuilt steel bicycles built with love and fury in Portland, OR

While it's true that motorizing this rolling art may be borderline sacrilege, while it's also true that given the frames start at about two grand, they're not for everyone - I couldn't help but bow to the skill and dream, the inspiration alone is worth a look!

Ahearne Cycles | J Cross

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I just wandered around the web site and the guy is skilled alright. Not my kinda bikes, but a China Girl would fit right in there on a couple models. Well, it would bolt up anyway. I can't go anywhere without adding another scratch or ding. I'd get an ulcer riding those bikes for fear my shoes might wreck the paint or something. I like your Rollfast better.
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol - yer defo right that while a HT may fit in there - it jus' wouldn't "fit" :p

Still, while the more utilitarian style of my ol' Rollfast may be more appropriate for a hard workin' daily driver & a scruffy ol' bastid like yers truly, I thought the patterns of the lugwork may be interesting to recreate - even if just painted on, to add a touch of class ;)

I don't even wanna think about doing that Celtic knot paint scheme tho >.< WAAAAAY beyond mine skillz, although I really appreciate it's subtility (^)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yeah it would be like the urchin peasant girl marrying the prince. And she doesn't even speak English. Spits oily gas out her carb, noisy and crude. I don't understand what the prince sees in her. She'll never be royal even with Jim's billet. Ah well. I don't see it lasting.
SB