30mph for 10 minutes killed my bike help!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Alexey

Feb 22, 2014
Lemonwood ct 2004
So I pulled a bunch of junk together and strapped a motor to it. No shocks Cruikshank seat bent handlebar and mismatched half broken pedals, but it's grade I crashed my car a week before I got my drivers license and the freedom I get with this thing is amazing, that's why I had to take it for long rides and at the end of one I had a free stretch of road, well a trail and I got it to warp speed where I looses that choppy sound and just nags in this continuos hum. As I was going I did notice the hum choking a little and the bike loosing power every now and then but I just clutched in and out while tweaking the throttle at the same time and that fixed title without loosing speed, but when I came to a full stop and turned off the engine it never turned on again,:-|| I checked the spark plug and the electrical system wasn't making it spark so I got a new one and still nothing, the motor is turning over but the spark isn't flowing, what do I do? Thnx

(H8 typing on an apple touch screen, not to mention they're ****tty operating system, so sorry for the spelling errors witch it other corrected wrongly for me or just decided to forget about after half a minute)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
No idea, but it would help if you mentioned what kind of engine you're running... 2 stroke China girl I'm guessing. You got a new what, spark plug? You need to do some troubleshooting to eliminate possibilities. Is there gas in the tank? Is the gas flowing? You sure about no spark? Plug wire firmly connected to the CDI? Were you riding through puddles, by chance? Nobody can troubleshoot this without your going to the trouble of accurately describing what is going on. Give us some clues. There are some guys here way smarter than me who may be able to help. Slow down and give them something to work with. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Moved this thread to the appropriate section.

Like Silverbear said, we need more accurate information. What have to tried? How did you determine that you have no spark? What fuel to oil ratio are you using?
Help us help you. Troubleshooting requires information that you aren't providing.

Tom

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
If you changed the plug next in line is the plug wire. just keep going backwards until you fix it and make sure you got gas

Alexey

Feb 22, 2014
Lemonwood ct 2004
Got a full tank, I'm new to mopeds but not a dumb ass, I am a grease monkey , put the new spark plug on the engine head and rolled it with the clutch off and no spark, no puddles it's ca Bay Area, the gas system all works, which DOSNT even matter sense there is no spark and yeah it's either the magneto or the cdi I talked to people on face book and they were much more helpful and less snobby more like kevyleven007, thnx dude! I'm jots going to replace both, if one part works then I got a spear for later!

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
I would think it was the cdi that can be checked with an ohm meter I don't remember what the proper ohms reading should be but it is listed on here under cdi trouble shooting I'm sure . I have had to replace more than one myself and they go out as you described .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your thread was moved from 'Rat Rods' to the 'Troubleshooting' section where it will get more exposure.
I'm sorry you took exception to that and considered it 'snobbery'. I was trying to help you but I'll back off and wish you good luck.

Tom

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've seen many coil failures from moisture, heat and vibration. Never seen a bad CDI yet.
Swap the coil.
Oh and getting upset about someone replying is not a good way to get more people involved in your thread. No one was giving you any lip. 2door is one of the best mods in any forum and has NEVER been smart with ANYONE even when provoked. We don't tolerate that bs here. Just lots of helpful info. Don't get mad about nothing. We only want to help.
We are all here for the same reasons.
dnut

Last edited:

Alexey

Feb 22, 2014
Lemonwood ct 2004
Sorry bad experience with forums, and a bad day. Plus on FB gave me the answer right away with less info that I posted here, all I said "spark isn't flowing and new spark plug isn't helping ether" also I get all defensive when people think that I font know enough to figure out electrical problem from fuel one, well when people underestimate my intellect in general, all those things working up on another got me grumpy I'm sorry

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Overall, this is probably the best forum that I'm a part of.......most of the folks on here are truly friendly and want to help. We 'see' all degrees of technical experience on here --- it's hard to gauge an individual's specific level in only a couple of posts with limited info.

Spend some time on here and get to know us......it's really a great place to hang out!!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
one thing to note is that one can't say "I have no spark" just because it can't be seen at the plug - some engines need to turn pretty fast to get a visible spark, so one needs to hold the plug in hand with hand against a muffler stud to feel if spark is present

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
If this engine was a 2-stroke with kit gearing, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

The typical chinagirl kit isn't made for 30MPH out of the box. Typical kit with 26" wheel and 44T would be turning 7K RPM @ 30MPH and while some get lucky and can do that and more out of the box, most likely won't. Heck, I blew up my first chinagirl engine in 2006 trying to hit 30. For the most part, a chinagirl really needs work to be reliable at high rpm over time. Again, it's the chinese lottery, but for every person who claims they can do 35+ with their out-of-the-box chinagirl, there's many who never did.

Regardless of how fast it can peak, don't expect it to sustain that.