new vibration and sound

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicRat

Jan 21, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I rode my bike to work this morning and it was running perfect no problems and I got back on it today to go home and it was vibrating something fierce and sounds different, what could the problem be?

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Check your mounts. Make sure they are solid. It's a possibility that you are shaking the oil/gas mixture which causes foaming and a lean condition.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check anything that could loosen. Pipe bolts, rims, gas tank, chain, almost any part that bolts on. Engine vibration causes weird stuff to happen, and chasing it down and fixing it early is one secret to a reliable ride.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Have you still got the cap on the end of the muffler? I've had that cap rattle off more than once (and have been lucky enough to recover it before it got flattened). First time it rattled the nut loose, second time the nut stayed on the threaded stem, but the poorly done tack weld holding the threaded stem failed and came apart. Now I run a couple of self-tapping screws in each side of the muffler where the cap's flange is overlapped by the outer tube.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I rode my bike to work this morning and it was running perfect no problems and I got back on it today to go home and it was vibrating something fierce and sounds different, what could the problem be?
What engine do you have? 2 stroke or 4? In-frame or rack mount? Chain drive or friction drive? That would help us offer more suggestions. The ones given are good but mostly pertain to the Chinese 2 stroke in-frame kit.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Sounds like it's time to take an hour and re-check every fastener on your machine. Even things like the chainguards and fenders tend to break their mounting tabs.......it'll probably surprise you with what you'll find!

Good luck!