Can I put this engine on my bike?

GoldenMotor.com

VTHokie

Dec 18, 2012
Virginia
Hey all,

I have a 2 stroke china girl from bikeberry.com with a bunch of aftermarket parts like the piratecycles sprocket, etc. The engine is losing compression and idling really high. I'd prefer to just switch to a 4 stroke at this point, but I don't want to part with all my aftermarket accessories that I put on my current build.
I had a conversation earlier with some people on this board about whether I could switch to a 4 stroke and re-use some of the parts, and many people insisted I couldn't. But I noticed the drive chain is the same (415) on the following: http://www.rawmotors.com/Bicycle-Engines-Only/HuaSheng-49cc-Engine-Only-4-stroke-p241.html
If I took off my 2 stroke engine, and popped this on, would it not work? Is it not that simple?

Look forward to hearing your input

-VT

VTHokie

Dec 18, 2012
Virginia
Yeah I love the Del Mar. The fenders don't hold up real well, but I've heard most fenders are garbage anyway.

But anywho, do you know if I can just buy the 4 stroke engine by itself (minus the kit) and install it in place of my 2 stroke? (Meaning, can I use the same sprocket, same chain, etc.?)

Thanks,

-VT

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You're going to have a reduction system with a centrifugal clutch to use the HauSheng engine. You may even need new mounts to attach it too. You may find its best to get the 4 stroke kit then figure out how many of your after market parts you can use. However I'd get a 4 stroke chain driven kit instead of the belt driven one.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="VTHokie]

But anywho, do you know if I can just buy the 4 stroke engine by itself (minus the kit) and install it in place of my 2 stroke? (Meaning, can I use the same sprocket, same chain, etc[/QUOTE]
You would need the engine.

A gearbox / jackshaft.
A flat 4 stroke mounting plate.
Probably a larger rear sprocket depending on the gearbox ratio so you would need a longer chain too.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You can use your original twist grip throttle and fuel tank, if that helps. :)
But you won't need the clutch lever so that will clean up your handlebars.

Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
You can use your original twist grip throttle and fuel tank, if that helps. :)

Tom
You forgot the chain tensioner.

You would also need a pipe for the four stroke.
The two stroke muffler kind of works but it better to cut off the flange leaving a 1.5" stub that you can slide flex tubing over for a great performing easy to route exhaust.