2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
You could carry some extra fuel but don't let Ray carry it in his basket for you. :)

Tom
Tom

Its a good thing we were not biking across the Sahara desert. You took it pretty good that your water bottle had all drained out while in my basket. I am sure you would have strangled me had we stopped for a water break in the middle of the desert only to find I had been watering the road with your beverage the whole way. laff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom

Its a good thing we were not biking across the Sahara desert. You took it pretty good that your water bottle had all drained out while in my basket. I am sure you would have strangled me had we stopped for a water break in the middle of the desert only to find I had been watering the road with your beverage the whole way. laff
LOL. I should man up and quit mentioning that, but it was funny. Every time we'd cross a stream I'd get thirstier thinking about my precious water dribbling out on the road. :)
Sure glad we stopped in that little town. I was fading fast.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
LOL. I should man up and quit mentioning that, but it was funny. Every time we'd cross a stream I'd get thirstier thinking about my precious water dribbling out on the road. :)
Sure glad we stopped in that little town. I was fading fast.

Tom
You know the funny part about this that I never mentioned because I didn't think twice about it. I remember after you put your water bottle in there I was following behind him and saw drops dripping as we went along the road! Didn't even think about putting two and two together.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Got my PTO approved for June 11. So I'm in. I can't imagine anything that'll get in the way now. I'll have to remind my wife to request her PTO that day. She already knows about this and, maybe, has put in for the day off. But it's the sort of thing that she might forget as well. So I'll remind her.

Since we're really not far apart, ckangaroo, I ought to look you up sometime soon. I'll introduce myself and we can scout out the route a bit.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays are my best days. How about you?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I have a few questions. First , I guess people arrive Saturday and it's over that afternoon? Reason I wonder is a friend of mine is looking at a 7 1/2 hour drive each way. I think I'm around 3....so that requires an early start for some hoping to make the bike cruise.
How many are committed by his year? Is there a supper planned and what's the cost?
I looked through the thread but maybe I missed some things.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Last year was a 1 day thing. I drove I think 4 hours one way to get there and it doesn't cost anything. We had some good eating and everyone seemed to bring a little something for everyone to munch on. Paul donated some steak money and ckangaroo made some amazing grilled steaks!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got another bike for the build! Going to completely redo everything onto that new bike by the time of the meet! Hoping to have a decent looking bike for the meet!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Count me in. I'd better pester my wife to see if she's arranged for that day off too. She's the sort who might forget.

I'm also building a new bike that I would think will be ready by then. It has an innovation or two that definitely work. But I've still got to figure out how to make these add-ons 'pretty'.

Plus a few innovations that I'm still 'engineering'. I haven't proven yet that I can make these work well. But I'm hopeful.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Mike and Kelly Brown will be there.
Bloomington Illinois.

My wife Kelly will follow with our Ranger pickup to pick up the fallen pieces, offer support, tools and a spare bike or two.

309-830-7361 or robert,[email protected]