T-boning a car at 25 MPH the aftermath

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Stults,
So sorry to see that! What were the circumstances? Can it be fixed? New frame? That s**cks. Get back in the saddle and send us some pix of the repair.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Hope your chum is OK. 25mph feels pretty fast when you are hitting a car.
Making an quick stop on my motorbike takes some practice, as the rider must handle the clutch and front brake lever.
For emergency stops, I just close the throttle and brake hard, disregarding the clutch. There is a lot of compression braking once the throttle is closed.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Very sorry to hear about any accident. I hope your friend is ok. People are what matter, stuff can be replaced.

Can you imagine how bad it would have been with a plastic tank on the front?

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
You'll find out the hard way these bikes are NO JOKE. Bike can be replaced friends can't.
That is the main reason that I only let one person ride my motor bike. My buddy had a motor before me, I helped him with the install. When I got my motor, he helped me. We have both been riding each others bikes and know what we are doing on them.
I have another friend that would love to ride my motor bike but he will never get the chance and he knows it. I do not want any of my friends to get hurt so they don't ride my motor bike. It is set up for me and I know where everything is, they don't. That little bit of knowledge is critical in an emergency situation.

I do hope your buddy is ok.

Feb 6, 2009
utah
Thanks for the concern everyone Jim is ok couple of stitches above the eye, a sprained wrist , and some tender family jewels .But mostly a bruised ego. I am glad it wasn't worse obviously . With that said laughter is the best cure. after the hospital visit and a few brewskies we had a chuckle thinking what might of been going through the driver of the mini coopers head. watching as Jim on a mini motorbike Kamikazed straight toward him. Thats got to be one of the few wreaks a minicooper could win.

Cheers and safe riding
Steve

Last edited: