A very capable young man......

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That young man had a vision. He is a bright light in the world. Thank you, Anne. I read the headlines on the news sites and feel down about the state of the world, but this story is one which generates hope that we will find our way out of a mess of our own making.
SB

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It's uplifting, isn't it? And it looks as though William is likely not destined to be nothing more than a subsistence farmer.

I wonder how many bright minds like that have been wasted simply because they have limited access to information and no materials to work with?

I guess that's more a rhetorical question than anything. Because we can guess that the answer is, 'too many'.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
He's also proven Edison right, genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
They couldn't find $80 dollars to send him to school. That is the part I found the hardest.
I can't help but wonder how many brilliant minds in the third world countries are lost for the want of what is little more than what we would pay to fill our gas tank once.

Thank you once again Anne.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We can only hope that this degree of exposure will come to benefit this young man.
$80.00? I just signed for dinner. $72.00 at 'Outback'.
Funny how values are viewed from different perspectives.
I wish him all the luck he deserves.

I would like to see some close-ups of how he used a bicycle to generate electricity :)

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
He's in school now, he's on his way.

He'll make a good engineer me thinks.

All the knowledge in the world is available free in libraries or the internet, you just have to figure it out yourself.