Homemade camp stove

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I recently took a day hike with some friends, (Semper Fi, and Allons! to you both), and when we hit the sweet spot on that trip, I broke out the stove to make coffee.
To my surprise, neither of these knuckle-heads had ever seen one. I don't believe I'm giving away any secrets here, but if those two capable individuals were unfamiliar with this, maybe someone here is as well? Well, make one!

pic1- That's all of it. Stove, pot, fuel, flint, measuring cup and wind-break.

pic2- Stove in cooking position inside wind-break.

pic3- Flame ports on stove.

pic4- V notches for fuel flow in stove top.

pic5- Operating condition.

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Made several of the pop can type stoves, heavy long neck beer cans work good also.

lots of vids on youtube showing different ways to make them, use heet methanol for the hottest and cleanest burn.

91-99% isopropyl alcohol works and so does denatured alcohol, but the best I've found for them hands down is the heet fuel treatment found in most all auto parts stores and most big box stores that have an automotive products section.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i have a titainium "pop can stove" that all would like.

it weighs 30 grams and needs no moving parts to run. if u have not seen them yet its worth a look. just alcohol like mapbike was saying.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
hmm looking at your pictures again i wonder if some fiberglass or cotton stuffed in a can and ignited with alcohol would be pretty awesome in a pinch. hobo stove.....:)