Shoes for racing motorized bikes

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Like those vans pictured, they have ankle padding and leather toes. everything you need in a lightweight racing shoe.

My buddy has a pair of racing shoes for karting, and they have less protection than vans, and a thinner sole.

If we ever have to wear motorcycle boots, we might as well have motorcycle engines and tires. no way i could pedal in those. too bulky, no grip, no flexability.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Like those vans pictured, they have ankle padding and leather toes. everything you need in a lightweight racing shoe.

My buddy has a pair of racing shoes for karting, and they have less protection than vans, .
That's good if your Van's high tops have ankle padding.
However a layer of canvas does not count as ankle protection.

Their is no comparison between kart shoes and what is needed on a 2 wheeled vehiclle.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I've seen lightweight motorcycle boots but they come up just below the knee and don't have the flexibilty of a good pair of hitops.

With a bike like scotto's i'd probably where boots, but anything i have to pedal i'm sticking with vans.

I've taken many "sharkbites" from skateboards to the ankles and vans do a good job of protecting them.

For years the classic hitop vans were the main shoe in bmx.