Best Alarm System

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
hello. after doing quite some research i want to ask here what types of systems you know about that actually do what they are meant to be for. the best alarm i could find was some plastic thing for 15 bucks that would activate by vibration but only sound for 15 seconds. i need something better than that. is there anything on the market, or any looks too that might make me feel more relaxed to leave a 1.500 dollar bike somewhere in the city?

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I just ordered some GPS stickers on ebay for motorcycles haha. I thought about the GPS thing already hidden in a metal box attached to the bike but then again thats really expensive. Hardware, SIM card and then tracking software usually is monthly payment. If it would be me I would like to have it under electricity.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
From what I understand, the best lock is multiple locks

But if you think about it, if someone really wants your bike... they will get it

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I went to Lowe's (home improvement store) and asked for 3 feet of the heaviest chain they had. it probably weighs 10lbs at least. I got a case-hardened padlock at kmart. The lock is always going to be the weak spot. You could have 10 locks and each one of them will be vulnerable. All that any lock does is keep honest people honest. If a thief wants your bike that bad, he or she will get it.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Thats true. I was thinking to buy one of those and attach them directly to the lock, so if it get touched, turned or moved it goes off before he have time to work on it:

http://www.gasbike.net/Vibration-Ac...urity-Alarm-with-Remote-Control-Keychain.html
I got that one from ebay I know it works I keep it in my saddlebags
never had it go off yet, Knock on wood I think it's more for the shock
factor, after I chain it up 2 locks one ubolt seat post thru back tire
and a six foot chain for the front then those around me see me take my fob and they hear a boop: they laugh and wait to see who gets caught LOL

dance1
Personal body guards I like that

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yeah that sounds like a lot of work. I dont or dont know how to carry a 1 ton chain with me but I guess the best way is to lock it around a street sign or something like that.

I just found that one. Wow that seems good quality:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorbike-M...004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a73b3ea94

Goin to buy that one. Its perfect to use it quick around the rims and the current one to lock it with an object.

Last edited:

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Well if you've got the cash then get the GPS :p

I'm only messing with you. I've never seen a lock or safety device that I didn't think I could get past so I've never really taken the idea seriously.

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Also true... and it wouldn't really be practical to compromise the frame to put the transmitter inside the tubing