WOW! Fantastic mileage and use!

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Just got back from another great run to Starbucks and the grocery- three miles home with a half gallon of ice cream in the Florida heat- NO PROBLEM!

This thing rolls and rolls- I shut the motor off two blocks from where I know I have to stop, and it just keeps rolling. From 25 or 30 it coasts FOREVER unless I'm against a strong wind. As far as the weight and the roll, even against other small motors- I'm blowing eveything else away in terms of MPG. Probably get the six miles there and back on about a quarter's worth of gas... OR LESS!

daxtitdaxtitdaxtitdaxtit

Attachments

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
^ Is that a flying horse motor, or just a decal?

Peace, James

Ahh yes the Mobile Oil Co logo, thought I had seen that somewhere before!

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'll eat this stupid 1/2 gallon of ice cream- Coke Floats mostly- tho I have a few strawberries left- in the next 24 hours probably- cause i'm like an ice cream-a-holic- and it will probably kill me eventually-

I just took my blood pressure at the store and it's up a bit- ready to do some road bike peddlin I think!
Still stiff and sore from working on my house. Never thought I'd have a PALM TREE in my yard!
dance1

The Mobile Gasoline Pegasus horse is from a stencil I made from a picture when I first built my bike March '09- It was first on the tank, until I got a chrome one. It was all based on a 1940's & 50's Indianapolis Novis- Ralph Hepburn, Duke Nalon.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
six miles for a quarter sounds about right. i just added up the cost of a gallon of gas here and what 4 ounces of oil costs me and divided it by my estimated mileage, and gas and oil together comes out to a nickel a mile.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A well installed and well tuned China girl motor can perform really good, like yours. What made you decide to roll with the smaller tires?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
14 years of USCF racing I guess- These are 27 x 1 1/4- I quit riding those about 1969 when I changed the tires on the ole Schwinn Varsity to 1 1/8" Schwinn Puff tires- Those tires are massive compared to the sew-ups I raced on!

I want to give the motor every advantage and I like a really good pedal- that's why my saddle is at road bike height too.

Here's Schwinn I just put up on craigslist- took these pictures today:

Attachments

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I hear what you're saying about the tendency to coast on and on from 30mph. Even with my 1.75" tires it will coast probably 1/2 mile til it stops. I think good tires, good bearings, and a well adjusted chain contribute a lot to efficiency and speed.

I like that bike, I'm digging the whole clean red and silver look.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I've touted them here before- but a 415 Industrial/Trike chain still has the same usual kit width, but smaller plates otherwise- about half the weight and it ROLLS much better = you can HEAR the difference. And only about $12 shipped last time I looked.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Here's the evolution of this bike:

Photo one- Summer of '09- the year after the flood-with original tires and wheels- steel bars and one piece crank, exhaust, fork

photo two- shortly after, that same summer, with 26 x 1.75 tires and shock fork

photo three- that fall just after I put the 27" wheel on the front.
I liked the increasing roll so much, I planned the 27 on the back, but built a 50cc cruiser with 700c wheels in the meantime and didn't get the other 27 on until last fall, when I painted it silver chrome, and put red alloy BMX bars on (pictures in Original Post)

photo four- with long poo-poo pipe and alloy seat post

Sprocket has evolved from original kit 44 to steel 36, and then to alloy 34, with Trike chain.

.we.

Attachments

Last edited: