Gas on carb

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, and yes. That could be coming from a fuel line nt being tight enough, or a loose connection where the line goes into the carb. Sometimes the primer may leak a tiny bit.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
find it??? just how do i do that? my guess is it comes out through the tickler....do i even need the tickler? could i take it out and seal it up with solder?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes. You can seal it off.

No, fuel leaks are not "normal", however with these engines, the occurance of a minor fuel leak is "normal".

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
alot of leakage or what looks like a leak is fuel comming out of the breather and the fuel weathers off leaving the oil behind.
Solder will not stick to the carbs body you might be able to rough up the carbs body around the tickler and use 5 minute jb weld to seal it up but it will look nasty.
I do know that the brass fuel inlet has a red gasket under it and all of the engine kits I played with the fuel inlet nipple was not tight.
Something else if you think your float needle is full of trash you can take that nipple out and clean the seat of the float as it doubles as the floats needle seat. so sometimes you don't have to take the float bowl off to clean that part.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
If the fuel IS coming out the tickler your fuel level is too high, which means your float is set too high, or it is sticking. I have seen a post where a screw is put in the hole to seal it up, which will solve your fuel leak thru the tickler, but I would venture to guess it will come out thru air filter next. A properly set float will NOT allow the fuel level to raise up to the tickler button...

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
read link #13 that tells you where to bend the floats fulcrum arm to adjust the level of the fuel shut off from the float.