Machining high flow exhaust header

GoldenMotor.com

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Hi there everyone. My question is: Does anyone have the dimensions of a stock 66 cc chinese engines exhaust port? Also, the dimensions of the intake port would be nice too. Pictures of the ports ideally with a measuring tape wud be really appreciated as well.
Ill give a little bit of background at the end of my post, but the reason I ask this is that I am currently making my own exhaust header to replace the header that comes with the SBP expansion chamber that I find unsatisfactory and overly restricting. Also, I am replacing the stock pipe that comes with the expansion chamber, which is 1" outer diameter (7/8" id) with 1" inner diameter pipe that we have laying around at the shop. My idea is to increase the flow rate into the exhaust pipe before the point where it reaches the actual expansion chamber. So as you can see in the photo, I have machined out a new exhaust header plate which has a 1" drill hole in it. This will be the diameter of the pipe right from the get go at the header and onwards all the way to the beginning of the expansion chamber after which the flow gets brought down by the silencer.

Also, does anyone have any tricks for bending exhaust pipe to conform to your bike build? Ive been told you need to fill the pipe with a fluid under constant pressure to properly roll the pipe without it folding in on itself. I just wanted to ask if anyone on the forum has any tricks for bending/rolling their exhaust pipes cleanly.

Background
Yesterday I received my shipment from sick bike parts of aftermarket parts. I ordered a sbp expansion chamber, an add on muffler for the expansion chamber, an ADA racing high flow air filter, a copper fuel filter, an extra head gasket, and the noise deadening gasket material that fit inside the gear and magneto covers. All the parts are good quality pieces, they were well packed to avoid damage during shipping, and the shipping was pretty quick considering it was to Canada. Id recommend buying stuff from them, unlike some other distributors ive dealt with, they truly do everything to put the customer first imo.

Still waiting on my flying horse motor from bike berry. They screwed up and only shipped my order on monday, even tho I ordered it two weeks ago. Im also waiting on a Puch 50cc hi hi compression head to arrive from treatland.

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
As you can see in this picture of the header that comes with the sbp pipe, it isnt really possible to just machine the port open more, because theyve inserted just under an inch of smaller diameter pipe in between the header plate and the acutal 1" outer diameter pipe. You cant grind out material that isnt there. The header im making doesnt even compare to the header that came with the pipe, and I think it will be a large improvement using a non restrictive header and making the entire tract to the actual expansion chamber 1" inner diameter pipe instead of 7/8" id.

But really tho, does anyone have the dimensions of the stock ports on a chinese HT 66cc engine?

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You can fill the tubing to be bent with soapy water and freeze it to prevent kinking.(Saw this on a tv show about trombone construction)

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
take your tubing and make some wooden plugs you can hammer into the tubing, then pack the tubing with DRY sand and tamp it down good. when the tube is full of sand hammer in the second wooden plug, to bend make a wooden form or find something with the radius of the bend you want, and heat and bend the tubing around the form. the reason i stress dry sand is you do now want to heat up a sealed container with wet or even damp sand in it.