Anyone Have Experience With This Exhaust?

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Expansion pipes are supposed to have a certain length of 'header pipe' on them to work correctly... The SBP pipes have it & this kind of pipe doesn't.

I've seen some pretty fast bikes with this kind of pipe, but I wondered how much faster they could've been with a better pipe on them. :/

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I've been using this pipe for years. I like it but Norm is correct you have to play with header length, carb tuning and timing to get the most out of it.

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Id go with the sbp expansion chamber myself personally. It has a good header length and gives you the parts to play with length. I bought mine and I really like it, however Im fabricating my own manifold and using a slightly wider pipe to connect the header to the expansion chamber (1" inner diameter instead of the 7/8" inner diameter the stock pipe comes with). Also, if you have neighbours, or you just dont want to go deaf, that pipe may not be the best. Two strokes are very loud and sharp sounding naturally, when you put on an expansion chamber with no form of muffler/silencer on the end of it, its extremely loud.

SubieGuy

Sep 3, 2012
Canada
Thanks for your opinions guys! I'll look into it a bit more, but in the end I think I'll probably end up going with the SBP pipe.

I hadn't considered the noise factor either, thanks for bringing that up.