gas/oil mix for higher compression BGF chinagirl motor?

GoldenMotor.com

huntnfish08

Jun 21, 2008
I've broke in my engine at 24:1 and now want to bump my compression up a bit. I'm removing the base gasket(red rtv replacement) and the head gasket(thinner pop can gasket w/copper gasket sealer, tested and works great). It won't be a huge improvement but enough to feel the difference.
So I'm wondering what oil/gas ratio I should run. Premium fuel is always used so no ethanol is ever in my engine. I'm thinking 32:1 but wanted to know what others with higher than stock rpm are running.
Gas is 91 octane, and I use AmsOil Interceptor Hi Perf Oil.
Ideas?
Adam

Last edited:

huntnfish08

Jun 21, 2008
Re: gas/oil mix for higher compression BGF chinagirl?

Is there speed to be gained by running a lower ratio? 32:1, 50:1, even 100:1. I've seen some guys are going 100:1 with "race oil". My buddy is using Clotts and says he could feel an improvement. Any truth to this?

I know I'll put more strain on my engine upping the compression. What pieces will go out faster because of the pressure increase? I'd like to have a spare part or two laying around JIC, I hate waiting on shipping for parts!

Adam

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I dont know what parts can be damaged by upping the compression, but I have a 68.5cc high compression engine from bgf, and I dont think i need any more compression. this thing has such high compression, it usually takes more than one bump to get started when cold. i know its the compression and not the clutch, because it starts on the first try when its warm. I have had my engine for over a year, and I run 32:1 supertech oil from wallyworld.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville

Many folks here ( including myself ) have had excellent results running Opti-2 between 80-100/1 .

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI

If you can, use something other than Interceptor. It's really meant for colder temps such as liquid cooled snowmobiles. Amsoil Saber is what Amsoil recommends for small air-cooled engines such as mopeds. I would personally mix it at 50:1, but Saber is supposed to work even at 100:1 . When using less oil, you get a larger percentage of gas burning, which does produce a bit more power.

I mix at 50:1 and use 91 octane. I can get away with lower, but only the 91 at the local pump is pure gas with no ethanol. If I don't firmly plant my butt on the seat while starting, I'll skid the back tire due to high compression, but even at that much compression, I have not seen any problems when I tried using standard 87 octane.